DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miracle Blades for Mavic (Platinum)

The new ESCs are probably responsible for most (if not all) of the added flight time.

For me is enough the noise reduction, plus the cool effect of having a cheap upgrade for my Mavic, maybe the ESCs are just reprogrammed as well.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
According to DJIs engineer the gains are about 50% ESC and 50% propeller design. Small changes in blade design can have noticeable difference in noise. What will be interesting to see is if those noise gains equate to any losses in performance/speed. One interesting thing in DJIs description is they seem to be carefully saying that the noise reductions are at take off and landing. Either way i'll try a set of the new ones when available. I used to love testing out different blades on my 3D helis where you feel the blades and what they are doing much more than on a camera drone. Blades are like tires and can make an aircraft feel completely different in the air.

For me is enough the noise reduction, plus the cool effect of having a cheap upgrade for my Mavic, maybe the ESCs are just reprogrammed as well.
ESCs cannot be reprogrammed. The change from the former square-wave output to power the motors, to a sine-wave output to the motors requires a hardware change. This power efficiency change in the Mavic hints at things to come for P5.

Looks like dji took a look at Airbus/eurocopter 'Blue Edge' technologie. ( goes back to 2010 I believe )

Looking at the design of Dji's new rotors I see some similarities. Not 100% alike but that might be related to patents and/or licensing.

If the flight characteristics remain approx the same i will get a set for sure. Less 'noise' equals less annoyance to others.

First vid explains ( you can skip the first 30 seconds) . Second vid you can here the difference.

Looking forward for someone to actually measure the differences on the Mavic blades.

Last edited:
The change from the former square-wave output to power the motors, to a sine-wave output to the motors requires a hardware change.
Disagree, sine-wave controllers are still PWM, so no hardware change required.

4dB noise improvement is not actually much. It corresponds to noise reduction with 1.6 times range increase. Will you feel the difference if you stay away 10 m (y) compared to 16 meters (yards)? On the other hand new blades look cool.

Will anyway nice to test them, if they can increase a bit the flight time it would not hurt. Is anyway encouraging the fact that they start to do some studies on aerodynamics, how cool would be a Mavic with tilt rotors?

I just thing the blades are able to reduce significantly the noise. But at the same time if you dont change your main motors it wont complete the whole package. If you get all specs from platinum you will see that all infos are the same besides battery and blades (almost).

Reactions: Renegadenole
Aside from blades and ESC is anything else different? Camera, top speed, ect?

Disagree, sine-wave controllers are still PWM, so no hardware change required.

4dB noise improvement is not actually much. It corresponds to noise reduction with 1.6 times range increase. Will you feel the difference if you stay away 10 m (y) compared to 16 meters (yards)? On the other hand new blades look cool.
I disagree with that. Changing the waveform requires a change in how it's handled. That's on a HW level usually unless there is a redundant power controller in there that can easily deal with different waveforms. That's not common though.

How can we get the blades ??
You can buy them from DJI when they are available. If you want to get a notification when they are available, then go here and click the "In Stock Reminder" button.

No. They are not available for sale yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky