DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Misinformed police trying to claim that I can't fly in my area

Last edited:
Unfortunately some people don't think that way, they 'know' better. There is an absolute beauty in this respect over on the DJI forum. Surprise battery failure & crash -- OR anatomy of a crash!

You might find the last post entertaining. If nothing else It really is worth reading the OP's posts and the last post.
That was… painful to read. The poster sounds like a teenager arguing that they technically didn't write a swearword on the bathroom wall because they misspelled it.

The last commenter summed it up well:
You absolutely cannot just fly up into aviation airspace. Class F (CYR), Class A, and Class B are highly controlled and can get you into very serious trouble. In the article I don't even mention Class A and B because they are so high above where drones should ever be.

Either way--you're in Missisauga and near some of the busiest air traffic in Canada, you most certainly should not be flying anywhere near 1500ft AGL. Transport Canada requires 400ft AGL for a reason. Stick to it and please follow my suggested guidelines to fly safely.

Pearson is the busiest airport in Canada, and this idiot thinks he's allowed to fly there because it doesn't explicitly say he can't (while ignoring CAR 900.06 "No person shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft system in such a reckless or negligent manner as to endanger or be likely to endanger aviation safety or the safety of any person.").

It's idiots like this that are going to get microdrones further regulated.

That was… painful to read. The poster sounds like a teenager arguing that they technically didn't write a swearword on the bathroom wall because they misspelled it.

The last commenter summed it up well:

Pearson is the busiest airport in Canada, and this idiot thinks he's allowed to fly there because it doesn't explicitly say he can't (while ignoring CAR 900.06 "No person shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft system in such a reckless or negligent manner as to endanger or be likely to endanger aviation safety or the safety of any person.").

It's idiots like this that are going to get microdrones further regulated.
After colinsa's post the lack of response from the OP of that thread was.......deafening. 🤣

Reactions: eva2000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998