DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Attitude Indicator

jeffa126

Reactions
The last several times that I've flown my Mini 2 I've noticed that I no longer have the attitude indicator on my compass screen. I've checked for past threads on this, but haven't found anything that indicates why it's gone or how to fix.
Secondly, I usually return to home manually, but there's been times when I've hit the RTH icon and I only get an option to land. Any thoughts on this. Thanks

@jeffa126 ,during the recent updates ,quite often some of the settings in the different menus get reset, so always before any sort of up date, make a note of your preferred settings, and then after doing the update ,compare what you now see with what went before

I no longer have the attitude indicator on my compass screen

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but your lack of information is like telling a doctor, "I don't feel good, what do you think is wrong?

What Firmware version are us using? Screen shots of the issues you are having would help. When you say, "you no longer have the attitude indicator on my compass screen." Are you referring to the "wings" that have been replaced with a "pseudo-ground line" or the entire Attitude indicator is not there. Is the Map there?

See, you need to give us something to work with… As our Moderator, Old Man Mavic, recommends, check your menu selections. If you have not already, either write them down or take screen shots for future reference… Trying to remember what were your previous settings is very difficult when the menus are so extensive…

In the meantime, below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2, including the User Manual.

Happy, Safe and Legal Droning…

I've checked for past threads on this, but haven't found anything ...
Do a search on "attitude indicator". Lots of threads exist explaining how that has changed with updates of the DJI Fly app.

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but your lack of information is like telling a doctor, "I don't feel good, what do you think is wrong?

What Firmware version are us using? Screen shots of the issues you are having would help. When you say, "you no longer have the attitude indicator on my compass screen." Are you referring to the "wings" that have been replaced with a "pseudo-ground line" or the entire Attitude indicator is not there. Is the Map there?

See, you need to give us something to work with… As our Moderator, Old Man Mavic, recommends, check your menu selections. If you have not already, either write them down or take screen shots for future reference… Trying to remember what were your previous settings is very difficult when the menus are so extensive…

In the meantime, below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2, including the User Manual.

Happy, Safe and Legal Droning…
Ok I was a little vague on my post. Apologies. Using flyapp1.6.9. First, I still had the attitude indicator or display.
I was no longer seeing the white lines(wings)on either side of the drone icon. Apparently due to poor lighting/screen glare I was unable to see the new, as you described it, pseudo ground line. The wings were much easier to see even in poor lighting/glare on phone screen. Is there anyway of going back to the wings indicator?

Ok I was a little vague on my post. Apologies. Using flyapp1.6.9. First, I still had the attitude indicator or display.
I was no longer seeing the white lines(wings)on either side of the drone icon. Apparently due to poor lighting/screen glare I was unable to see the new, as you described it, pseudo ground line. The wings were much easier to see even in poor lighting/glare on phone screen. Is there anyway of going back to the wings indicator?
I miss the Wings too. Yes, you can go back, I cannot tell you how, I don't know the process. Please perform a search if one of the members don't come to your rescue. If you search, "1.6.8" is a good place to start...

Last edited:
I miss the Wings too. Yes, you can go back, I cannot tell you how, I don't know the process. Please perform a search if one of the members don't come to your rescue. If you search, "1.6.8" is a good place to star..t
Uptodown website has previous app versions for download. Of course 1.6.8 isn't available as of yet. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: LoudThunder
The last several times that I've flown my Mini 2 I've noticed that I no longer have the attitude indicator on my compass screen. I've checked for past threads on this, but haven't found anything that indicates why it's gone or how to fix.
Secondly, I usually return to home manually, but there's been times when I've hit the RTH icon and I only get an option to land. Any thoughts on this. Thanks
If you are within 20 meters of the drone it will not have a RTH option, don’t know if that is what was wrong but that’s my 2 cents.
Hope this helps!

Should of realized no reason to RTH when done is right there in front of me.

Did a write up on this Topic a while back...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ