DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Modes

gtmoulds

Reactions
Hi All. I do not have any of the follow me or orbit type modes on my DJI App. I have looked and looked and theyre definitely not there. What am I missing.

The app has a "beginner mode" setting that is on by default on a new aircraft and disables all the advanced/automatic things.

Has happened to us all at some stage. Just remember when all else fails, read the instructions. :)

Reactions: MA2 317
Beginner mode would also limit height and distance.

There may be another setting though to enable intelligent flight modes. That mainly applies to S/N/C switch but in P3 it affected autonomous modes.

You just draw a box on the screen and the three choices come up...however..you won't see the box if you are filming in
60 fps or more.
I hope this solves your problem.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Reactions: DanMan32
Give this video a watch:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is a perfect example. When he refers to and shows you the dronie circle modes etc, they just do not exist on my app. They are just not there in the options which he clearly shows on his screen.

According to DJI the sd card is responsible for these modes not showing. Any comments. Ive changed it and they are still missing. And they are not very helpful at all. Quite dismissive really.

They are insisting that my sd card is preventing me from using the tracking, dronie modes etc in the App despite the fact that the card is compatible and they still dont appear no matter what I put in there. I was surprised at how rude they are.

They are insisting that my sd card is preventing me from using the tracking, dronie modes etc in the App despite the fact that the card is compatible and they still dont appear no matter what I put in there. I was surprised at how rude they are.
If you’re certain that you are following the instructions, I would suggest you start with deleting the app & doing a reinstall. what device are you using?

If you’re certain that you are following the instructions, I would suggest you start with deleting the app & doing a reinstall. what device are you using?
I can assure you that is one of the first things I have done. When you ask what device do you mean that the app is on...Its a galaxy s20 so it shouldnt be a problem.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Did DJI help you check Beginner mode? You were stumped by that when it was first mentioned.

Come to think of it, I'm not seeing Beginner mode in Fly, but I don't have the RC/AC connected at the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d