DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Modes

Did DJI help you check Beginner mode? You were stumped by that when it was first mentioned.

Come to think of it, I'm not seeing Beginner mode in Fly, but I don't have the RC/AC connected at the moment.
I cannot find any 'beginner mode'. They didnt mention it either, just insisted that it is my sd card telling me it is not compatible, then showing me a list where mine is clearly on the list as compatible. They were quite dismissive and bot really helpful at all.

Did DJI help you check Beginner mode? You were stumped by that when it was first mentioned.

Come to think of it, I'm not seeing Beginner mode in Fly, but I don't have the RC/AC connected at the moment.
They did not mention it and I cannot find a 'beginner mode' at all. They just kept insisting it is my sd card saying it is not compatible, but then showed me a list and mine is clearly on the list as compatible. They were quite dismissive and unhelpful really considering the amount of money you pay for these things. I was seriously not impressed.

Strangely I now No Longer have the 60fps option. It just literally disappeared before my eyes....something is definitely wrong with this app. What a piece of junk this is turning out to be.

I have read through this thread and maybe it is me, butwhat drone are you flying?
I gather that you are using a samsung s20 and are having problems with range but people a lot more knowledgeable than myself will do their very best to help you.
Please post as much info on your set-up as possible.

I have read through this thread and maybe it is me, butwhat drone are you flying?
I gather that you are using a samsung s20 and are having problems with range but people a lot more knowledgeable than myself will do their very best to help you.
Please post as much info on your set-up as possible.
I did not mention anything to do with range. Its a MA2 and I dont have the fancy options in my video to choose auto orbits or dronies or to use the follow me function. They just do not exist in my app. Now it seems I no longer have 60fps mode available either. Things just keep going strange.

So sorry, my only exerience with 'beginner mode' was to do with range matters, I do apologise.
I am certain that you will find a good solution on here. Good luck!

Some options mutually lock each other out, that must be why some of your stuff "disappears".

Unless you post a video of you going through all the app's pages it will be hard to advise.

Oh and just in case - when you're checking stuff you do have the aircraft / remote / phone all powered and connected, right?

It could indeed be something with the SD card such as gone bad. Have you tried switching to internal storage to test? If that fixes the problem, then definitely the SD.

It could indeed be something with the SD card such as gone bad. Have you tried switching to internal storage to test? If that fixes the problem, then definitely the SD.
Its not the sd card. The modes dont exist even without it. Strangely they also advised me that the modes would not be available without an sd card.........very odd. However, if you see my last post I have now lost the 60 FPS option too. Something is not right and I have a very poor impression of their 'help'. And even less chance of a solution by the looks of things.

Beginner mode as i remember only effects speed/distance and didn't
remove functions from the app. Like already mentioned above turning
from one setting to another can disable other options. In photo and video
settings turn everything to the lowest setting this should leave all
options open to you. Did you try the suggestion by Hiflyer201 to draw
a box on your screen as this then opens the modes your missing.
I have used the DJI live help facility before and found them very helpful
and not rude at all, perhaps you caught this person on a bit of an off day.

Thomas, I note when you refer to the manual you say: "online only manual from DJI". Which is a bit misleading, as it is a downloadable document. I would think it would be best to say it more as the Available Online Only Manual. :)
Maybe so... especially for newbies. Thumbswayup

Its not the sd card. The modes dont exist even without it. Strangely they also advised me that the modes would not be available without an sd card.........very odd. However, if you see my last post I have now lost the 60 FPS option too. Something is not right and I have a very poor impression of their 'help'. And even less chance of a solution by the looks of things.
Thats where I was going. Of course the modes won't exist without an SD card.. It makes sense photography options won't exist if they have no place to go. So you may have a bad SD card that the AC interprets as having no card. And it seeing no or bad card, it won't show options that need it.

Beginner mode as i remember only effects speed/distance and didn't
remove functions from the app. Like already mentioned above turning
from one setting to another can disable other options. In photo and video
settings turn everything to the lowest setting this should leave all
options open to you. Did you try the suggestion by Hiflyer201 to draw
a box on your screen as this then opens the modes your missing.
I have used the DJI live help facility before and found them very helpful
and not rude at all, perhaps you caught this person on a bit of an off day.
Actually at least for the P3, beginner mode would disable intelligent flight modes, and OPs original post was on quickshot modes, a type of intelligent flight. I can't recall if disabled IFM in beginner mode carried over to the M2.

Actually at least for the P3, beginner mode would disable intelligent flight modes, and OPs original post was on quickshot modes, a type of intelligent flight. I can't recall if disabled IFM in beginner mode carried over to the M2.
yeah can't remember either off the top of my head, looks like it's the SD card then
like DJI said originally.

Well we just have a slew of things going on which all point to a one off at this point. We either have a OP that isn't doing something right? We have a equipment malfunction, whether that be a actual SDCard error, or aircraft inability to read it. What we don't have is a firmware or software problem at DJI's end as nobody else has reported these issues.

All I know in a couple of years of shooting these issues is it turns out to be a "Aha" moment and a hand slap to forehead when it is figured out.

I have went through the posts and we at this point can see that he did indeed switch SDCards out and problem remains. So..we either have bad SDCards or Bad SDCard reader...which should show up on display. It has internal memory so external "Shouldn't" be necessary to have quick shots. Verify that camera will record to the external card to verify.

What hasn't been fully explored, but was mentioned is what mode switch is the OP in when looking for the intelligent flight modes. In order to get through all safeties DJI has on Quick Shots. Let's do the following.

Take it outside ensure the flight mode is in the "Normal" position. Connect and arm, take it straight up to 25 foot free and clear. And see if the modes are there then. IF not then wrap the thing in a box and send it to DJI. :p

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d