DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Spare Thumb Sticks!

easyheimer

Reactions
Well, received my Mavic Air yesterday and opened it up. Everything seemed fine until I started watching the videos on DJI’s website and saw the fly more combo unboxing. I saw that there is supposed to be spare thumb sticks in the box but mine are no where to be found. I opened it on my desk so I would have seen it as everything was emptied out and out neatly on my desk. Yes, it was brand new and sealed. Anyone else have this issue and what did you do?

did you check all the combo bag pockets and the small net like pouches ?

If you still have your "packing" and boxes, go through it all well. IIRC, the extra sticks are in a tiny white plastic envelope that might get pitched with the trash - - though I could be wrong on this, it's been awhile.

Reactions: old man mavic
I went through everything multiple times. So I chatted with DJI and apparently the new fly more combo doesn’t come with extra thumb sticks. Seriously? What a bummer.

Bummer indeed! Seriously, they were getting a lot of good reviews for their foresight and generosity in adding an extra pair just in case you lose the first. This is dumb!

Reactions: easyheimer
Mine didn't have any either and I bought mine 2 weeks ago

Reactions: PURSUER01
Mine did but it is 1 year old so likely they have now cut some unnecessary corners.

Mind you DJI are a bit of a law unto themselves. How can you for example sell an expensive item like a CrystalSky monitor without the ability to charge the battery!? You have to buy a non-DJI connector or be lucky enough to have an Phantom or such which has a compatible charger else you are stuffed.

I got mine about 6 months ago and it came with a spare pair, I always thought that was standard with the flymore pack.

I went through everything multiple times. So I chatted with DJI and apparently the new fly more combo doesn’t come with extra thumb sticks. Seriously? What a bummer.
I got my Mavic Air June 2018 with Fly More Combno and the combo came with two extra sticks in a tiny white bag. I eventually did lose one, and ordered a 2nd set. Can't believe they are that cheap as to now omit the extra pair. Look very carefully in the tiny white sleeve that comes with the fly more pack.

I got my Mavic Air June 2018 with Fly More Combno and the combo came with two extra sticks in a tiny white bag. I eventually did lose one, and ordered a 2nd set. Can't believe they are that cheap as to now omit the extra pair. Look very carefully in the tiny white sleeve that comes with the fly more pack.

Yeah, it’s a little strange. I then pointed out the fact that they should take down their own unboxing video on the DJI.com website that clearly states it DOES come with an extra pair of thumb sticks. If they show it in their video still people are going to assume it comes with them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_