DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM DJI's best.

Awesome drone and does excatly what it was designed to do IMO.
I agree. Read the manual, read the manual. Allow time for GPS to set Home Position, "Check it on the map" and check your flying area and make sure you know what the RTH height etc is set to before each takeoff. Don't drain the batteries. Did I say read the manual? Bet you learn something each time you do.

Awesome drone and does excatly what it was designed to do IMO.

For some it does somewhat more than it's supposed to do, . . . things like maxing out the rear motors (thought to be caused by props having to much flexure), props striking the body, and uncommanded descents, all of which may be related.

Disclaimer: No direct experience. I'd buy one, but waiting until, or if, they come out with a small, (or at least a fair amount smaller than the M2), drone that uses Ocusync and works with their Smart Controller - which I have two of and really like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet skier
I have had the MP and have the M2P that is my go to and have the Mini. I read about all the issue's that
are posted here but i have yet to have had any of them.No telling how many are flying that haven't.
It is what it is and as long as you know that i think it's great.
Your
Disclaimer: No direct experience.
i think is funny .
IMG_8132.GIF ;)

i had the one issue of the prop strike but after doing my mod to the front arms to stop them flexing no more issues
i have 58 flights
11 hours air time
14 miles flight distance
have never had any other problems, it is a great drone as long as you understand it limitations,
and it is great for flying in areas where i would not like to take my MPP

i had the one issue of the prop strike but after doing my mod to the front arms to stop them flexing no more issues
i have 58 flights
11 hours air time
14 miles flight distance
have never had any other problems, it is a great drone as long as you understand it limitations,
and it is great for flying in areas where i would not like to take my MPP
I understand having to do the mod on the arms but you really shouldn't have to do that ....DJI needs to do their job

dji advertises MM as the best drone they ever made......they just lost some credabilty to me
I don’t know about the mini should I trade my spark in for one

I understand having to do the mod on the arms but you really shouldn't have to do that ....DJI needs to do their job
i agree i should not have had to do such a mod, i believe it was all down to weight, i prefer having a stiff arm to prevent the prop strike, it was my choice to give it a go, and touch wood it seems to be working as of now

Flew drones from about 2011 to 2015. Started with a custom-built hex, three DJI Phantoms, and two I built myself. After loosing a prop, I crashed my custom $3K hex in a corn maze that I was filming. I decided it was time to take a break. In January, I bought a DJI Mini and was blown away by how far the technology has come. This little guy amazes me on every flight. The video and stills are great, and the handling is fantastic! As a photographer, this has put a great tool back into my camera bag. At some point I may upgrade, but for now it is more than sufficient for what I do!
_MG_3292.jpg

I think it's important to separate the question into two parts. Firstly - the Mini is clearly a significant technological achievement, and when operating to specification and within its limitations it performs extremely well. That said, secondly, there is clearly either a design flaw or widespread manufacturing flaw in the props, perhaps coupled with flight control firmware that doesn't cope well with the resulting excursion from nominal. Those who have not suffered from that problem are going to be very happy with the Mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000