DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM drowned, now issue with booting

JoostGT3

Reactions
So, 2 weeks ago, my mini dropped into the river due to pilot error (hit a branch, toppled and dropped into the water, duh!)
It was a very clear mountain stream, so I was able to retrieve it quickly, took out the battery and dried it with towels and blowing it out with a hair dryer once we got home.

The battery that was in the mini when it crashed is toast, but when using other batteries it's fine, absolutely flawless... however:
I can't start the mini in the normal way anymore (insert battery, then double press and hold the button). When I do that, it doesn't react at all. The only way to boot it is to insert the battery and immediately press the button, then it boots without problem.

Now my question; is this a symptom of a loose/corroded contact somewhere and should I send the Mini in for repair, or should I keep flying as long as no other issues come up? Really on the fence here, as I don't really want to send it in if it is not required. I haven't tried resetting anything yet, maybe that is possible too? (Is there a return to factory reset function for the Mini?)

Thanks for your insights!
-Joost-

Check out drone-retriever.com for insights into how to clean and dry a drone after a water event. They now have a video that will help.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Check out drone-retriever.com for insights into how to clean and dry a drone after a water event. They now have a video that will help.
Probably a little late for that.

I would probably just take off the plastic bottom cover plate and spray some electrical contact/ cleaner spray on the "white" power button itself and then let it dry.
Probably just sediment and gunk in the button.

1598585830594.png

This is how to take of the plastic bottom cover

1598585948890.png

Reactions: JoostGT3
Thanks for the replies guys! It really suprised me that it is acutally the sequence of pressing that makes a difference, rather than it not working. Iannes, you might be onto something that the button is stuck a bit. Maybe someone with a normally functioning MM could try whether booting it like I do (insert battery and keep start button pressed) also works for their drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580