DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM loss of altitude, and RTH loss of altitude and crash.

J2ps

Reactions
yesterday, I checked UAV forecast before heading out. Did a preflight ect. Went up about 100ft ,and a 360 look around for obstructions. Began filming at 100m ft and after a short time I notice my quad was dropping rapidly in altitude. I was at 100ft and realized I was going down to 80 ft. Winds light, reception good. I then took it back up to 100 ft. Decided to RTH, with it set at 150 ft. Heard the AC returning, and noticed I lost major altitude, and crashed into a tree. After a half hr, I found it, about 12 ft up undamaged. Prior to flying, I did a firmware update, do not know if that was an issue
today I did DJi latest firmware update and hopefully this fixes the issue. Never had this before, and was very odd. Battery was at 56 %. Any input would be appreciated

Last edited:
How far horizontally from takeoff point. MM has to be at least 65 meters from home before RTH is set. I had mine descended once due to being to close. Then I read the manual!

How far horizontally from takeoff point. MM has to be at least 65 meters from home before RTH is set. I had mine descended once due to being to close.
not sure, I was not that close though, I brought it back once fine.

I flew after I did mine today and all I noticed was I didn’t
get no wind warning and would have normally in what
we have today just to see.
You need to read in this thread and post your log back here
and one of our members will tell you what happened.

Reactions: J2ps

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke