DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM range extender?

Llahstuc c

Reactions
I own a Mavic Mini, and usually when I fly farther than 100 meters, the camera feed becomes extremely glitchy and unstable. Are there any ways to reliably enhance the range/connection of a mavic mini, any reliable products that do so?

I own a Mavic Mini, and usually when I fly farther than 100 meters, the camera feed becomes extremely glitchy and unstable. Are there any ways to reliably enhance the range/connection of a mavic mini, any reliable products that do so?

The U. S. FCC controller is permanently set at 5.8 ghz but is more powerful than the CE version and capable of more range. Several kilometers under optimal conditions.

Wondering if you have the antennas properly adjusted so the flat side (not the tips) are pointed at the Mini as per the manual's diagram below. (PG. 29)

Antenna Direction - Page 29.jpg

Not sure personally I would want to extend the range on a Mini. it is already so small and wind failure prone, I can't imagine flying it safely very far. But that's my own personal opinion.

Mini Range Extender = Mavic 2 series! LOL

you could try these cheap but effective parabolic antenna reflectors that don't require any mods.

These are the ones I recommend as they hold onto the antenna in two places are are more stable

Last edited:
Sounds like interference if you can't even get 100m! What kind of location are you flying in?

I purchased both the reflective type extender and the Yagi type. I have not had a chance to try them out against each other yet but hope to this week. I guess it is the engineer in me that wants to see for myself if they work and if so, which is best. I also chose the one that lannes chose for the same reason, two points of contact to keep the distance from the antenna consistent. The Yagi I recommend is from a fabricator in the US who sells on eBay and it is good quality. You can find it on eBay, item 153961889781. The nice thing is that you do not have to wait months for it to come from China.

I saw a video with a pair of yagi antennas
They worked great.just sure you get the right ones for your country.
The USA ones are the 5.8ghz and the other are the 2.8ghz

Not sure personally I would want to extend the range on a Mini. it is already so small and wind failure prone, I can't imagine flying it safely very far. But that's my own personal opinion.

Mini Range Extender = Mavic 2 series! LOL
I agree with you. Not worth flying our mini for that extended range. Good day

Agreed.personally I haven’t flown my Mavic Mini past the 500m. Range I don’t want to loose my drone knowing it cost me a lot of money for the fly more combo
Keeping it in sight is the best option

Agreed.personally I haven’t flown my Mavic Mini past the 500m. Range I don’t want to loose my drone knowing it cost me a lot of money for the fly more combo
Keeping it in sight is the best option

Can you see it at 500m, I can't ?

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Can you see it at 500m, I can't ?
Not really,but I wanted to test out the return to home.
Normally I don’t go past 150m.
And I never fly my Mavic Mini in winds of up to 8mph and at a safe low level.
lol I don’t want to loose my drone.
Blessings to you

Not really,but I wanted to test out the return to home.
Normally I don’t go past 150m.
And I never fly my Mavic Mini in winds of up to 8mph and at a safe low level.
lol I don’t want to loose my drone.
Blessings to you

Always fly into the wind, so that you have the tailwind on the return leg, when you need all the help to get back

Reactions: shaneb50
I purchased both the reflective type extender and the Yagi type. I have not had a chance to try them out against each other yet but hope to this week. I guess it is the engineer in me that wants to see for myself if they work and if so, which is best. I also chose the one that lannes chose for the same reason, two points of contact to keep the distance from the antenna consistent. The Yagi I recommend is from a fabricator in the US who sells on eBay and it is good quality. You can find it on eBay, item 153961889781. The nice thing is that you do not have to wait months for it to come from China.
Have you been able to try them out? If so, what do you think?

Reactions: shaneb50
I just bought a pair of yagi extenders from amazon I hope they will work great.they are the 5.ghz version

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp