DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM weird behaviour

Moixixon

Reactions
Today I was able to fly my MM after a few days with bad weather. It was cludy but I decided to visit a lonelly beach. After some recording in P mode, I changed to S mode to return manually. It was 26m hight and 240m distance, perfect connection and 13 satellites. During come back, the drone made some sharp turns to left, recovering original position.
I have a screen capture video to show what it did, and the flight log.
If some one can tell us what is the problem I would thank a lot.
The problem is about 14 minutes and 50 seconds.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-03-09_[09-57-38].txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Some problem in the camera Gimbal ...
I would go to guarantee; Get in touch with DJI SAT, if you don't have Refreshcare ...

Thanks for your help!
I think that there’s another problem instead of the gimbal. The drone itself turned 90• to its left. Look at the capture bellow, it’s the frame when the MM is turned left: the dji fly radar shows it turned too...

Attachments

• 5E2BDE93-75A9-4C74-863A-547F9E39141C.jpeg
    5E2BDE93-75A9-4C74-863A-547F9E39141C.jpeg
    470.2 KB · Views: 51
It may not be the camera gimbal, watch the aircraft orientation pointer at the bottom/middle of the display screen. It shows the AC swinging off course to the left a split second before the camera as the camera gimbal counteracts the initial yaw the catches up.

@ Moixixon - Sorry for the late post, I hadn't seen your reply pointing my explanation out.

In that case you describe ... it is the aircraft itself that rotates ... we would be talking about that there should be an error, either in the RC itself, in the sticks (recalibrate) or in the signal received by the drone ...
Something very strange, both ... Since the twist (yaw) that is observed is too short and fast ...
I would advise you to send mail to DJI technical support and solutions the subject in Warranty.

Yes, the craft yawed with no rudder input :

1583841822503.png

I have seen the same on my Mini in sport mode + full speed but I have lost the flight log files. The behaviour could not be repeated. Suggest the OP to share the .DAT file as well so that more knowledgeable members can shed some light on it.

Reactions: Moixixon
Yes, the craft yawed with no rudder input :

View attachment 96273

I have seen the same on my Mini in sport mode + full speed but I have lost the flight log files. The behaviour could not be repeated. Suggest the OP to share the .DAT file as well so that more knowledgeable members can shed some light on it.

Really interesting input. Did your MM repeat this behaviour again? . Is there any calibration that can fix it?

OK, I found the .TXT file but the .DAT file is already over written. The unexplainable yaw with no rudder input is circled. It always happened when the craft is flying at full speed forward. The yaw was not sensor data error because I could see it via the video feed :

1583843310572.png

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-17_[12-52-54].txt
    790.6 KB · Views: 3
Really interesting input. Did your MM repeat this behaviour again? . Is there any calibration that can fix it?
I tried to repeat it within an hour but it did not behave like that again. In fact I have never seen it since that day ( mid Feb this year ). I have not done any calibration of any kinds.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeol