DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile device GPS signal weak

Fire Fox

Reactions
I am using an iPAD 6th gen with no problems but when I try to set the home point to me using the icon with the little man I get the following message "Mobile device GPS signal weak. Its location cannot be acquired" does anyone know how I can resolve this problem so I can set me as the home point. The iPad's mobile data is switched on.

is your ipad WIFI only if so you will not get a fix unless you have a WIFI connection,if it has cell service it could be you are in a low signal area

I am using an iPAD 6th gen with no problems but when I try to set the home point to me using the icon with the little man I get the following message "Mobile device GPS signal weak. Its location cannot be acquired" does anyone know how I can resolve this problem so I can set me as the home point. The iPad's mobile data is switched on.
GPS signal is there all the time with or without having Mobile data on.
Weak GPS signal = no GPS signal.
It's been a common issue with Apple devices for the last year with no explanation or solution.
The device can have perfect GPS signal but the DJI Go app just doesn't recognise it.

Do you really need to reset the home point to your location?
Even without device GPS you can always reset the home point to the current location of the drone and doing that might be useful if you really need to reset the home point.

It's been a common issue with Apple devices for the last year with no explanation
DJI requires a GPS accuracy < 30m on the Apple device to get the home point set.
But even with sometimes less than 30m, DJI refuses to successfully set the home point at the device location.

or solution.
- DJI has to modify its code in GO4 (unlikely)
- Use an external (Bluetooth) GPS receiver linked to the Apple device.

Reactions: Fire Fox
GPS signal is there all the time with or without having Mobile data on.
Weak GPS signal = no GPS signal.
It's been a common issue with Apple devices for the last year with no explanation or solution.
The device can have perfect GPS signal but the DJI Go app just doesn't recognise it.

Do you really need to reset the home point to your location?
Even without device GPS you can always reset the home point to the current location of the drone and doing that might be useful if you really need to reset the home point.
Thanks for the info I had no idea that it was related to Apple but that would make sense then as everything else on the drone functions perfectly except for that issue. I don't necessarily need the function but I was curious to test it if the need arose. You make a good point I guess I could always go in and change the home point to current drone location when I need to land it.

DJI requires a GPS accuracy < 30m on the Apple device to get the home point set.
But even with sometimes less than 30m, DJI refuses to successfully set the home point at the device location.

- DJI has to modify its code in GO4 (unlikely)
- Use an external (Bluetooth) GPS receiver linked to the Apple device.

I am just glad to know that it wasn't a problem with the drone but rather an Apple issue.

but rather an Apple issue.
It's actually a DJI GO4 issue - DJI's coding is not well done on Apple devices regarding this topic.

(Just look at other apps requiring GPS location such as Maps, they handle location data retrieved from GPS very accurate ...)

It's actually a DJI GO4 issue - DJI's coding is not well done on Apple devices regarding this topic.

(Just look at other apps requiring GPS location such as Maps, they handle location data retrieved from GPS very accurate ...)
Thanks I have sent them a query. Thinking of it they should look at fixing it as the feature may come in handy if you have moved position away from where you took off and from the current location of the drone and then you loose signal or connection. At least the drone will return to where you are and not to its take off point.

@Fire Fox
I see you have a Mavic Pro, then have a look at Hangars Autopilot app.
Autopilot has a feature called 'Moving operator' - That's exactly what you want.
It dynamically updates the homepoint of the device (Apple iPhone or IPad) every second.

Drawback: The app is no longer supported by the developer. But still works with aircraft like Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Phantom 4 Pro V2, Inspire 2 or Matrice 200/600.
Also, check compatibility with newer iOS or iPadOS versions.

It can be found on the App Store here: ‎Autopilot for DJI Drones

@Fire Fox
I see you have a Mavic Pro, then have a look at Hangars Autopilot app.
Autopilot has a feature called 'Moving operator' - That's exactly what you want.
It dynamically updates the homepoint of the device (Apple iPhone or IPad) every second.

Drawback: The app is no longer supported by the developer. But still works with aircraft like Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Phantom 4 Pro V2, Inspire 2 or Matrice 200/600.
Also, check compatibility with newer iOS or iPadOS versions.

It can be found on the App Store here: ‎Autopilot for DJI Drones
Cool thanks I will check it out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato