DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Modded Mav Pro checking in

Hi Christianpeso!

Speed is fun indeed. I fly jets for a living, so know what you mean about manual flying. I'll keep the props in mind. Got only one wind warning yesterday with the "Wind_anti_intensitylg_config_control_wind_anti_intensity" and the value is a stock 60; set to 20. I'll try 10 next to test. I my try rollback version on DJI to see if the old settings are there also. Happy Flying!

Sweet! Let me know if that works. I haven't seen any conversation regarding a wind mod on the Mavic 2 series. This would be interesting if it works!

Off topic, but I am also in Georgia. South of the airport in Fayette County. I have been looking into actually learning how to fly planes and I believe their is a school or two in Peachtree City to learn. There's an airfield out there. That's also in Fayette county.

Take care!??

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Sweet! Let me know if that works. I haven't seen any conversation regarding a wind mod on the Mavic 2 series. This would be interesting if it works!

Off topic, but I am also in Georgia. South of the airport in Fayette County. I have been looking into actually learning how to fly planes and I believe their is a school or two in Peachtree City to learn. There's an airfield out there. That's also in Fayette county.

Take care!??
I lived in Atlanta area and PT City for 20 years. Yes you can learn to fly there! I was in the Commerative Air Force and flew their P-51D a few times. What a ride! I'm down at Lake Seminole. Learned to fly a tail dragger in KBGE. Will report back on the "10" setting no wind for Mavic pro2. ~Tail Winds

Hello everyone!

Just checking in and saying what's up. Been flying for about 3 months now. Love this new hobby!

Currently I am flying a Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom(both with speed mods) with Master Airscrew props, a Mavic Mini, and the original Mavic Pro modded out with no NFZ, no altitude limit, speed mods, with Master Airscrew props. Also have an Autel Evo.

Looking to learn more from everyone on here, and if anyone has any questions regarding a modded Mavic Pro, ask away??

Thanks everyone!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Thanks and no offense taken.
I live out in wide open spaces, so I feel this is safe for my needs. If I don't like the modes, I'll return to default settings. You are quite right, this thing fly's itself. I am open to better ideas to accomplish my goals.

That's awesome, see that's a great reason for the need to go faster, I wondered why not just get a race quad, but then that wouldn't meet your needs. I'll throw my two cents in then if you don't mind. I started off flying DJI type drones, then switched to DIY race/freestyle, then retired started side business doing aerial photog, but still fly the quads for fun. In the quad world, the guys that build just for speed, (I think some guy just broke the world record using a 7" quad w/12s battery, 200mph!) They only use bi blade, which is pretty much standard for DJI, but the biggest difference is they are super light weight and thin as possible without coming apart. The shape or twist type props are all debatable and usually a preference, but they all agree thin and light is the way to go. The other thing speed quads and long distance pilots, for efficiency, do is fly props out, that mean that your CCW props spin CW and the CW spin CCW. It's hard to explain why it's more efficient, I'll attach link that explains it very well.

Physically reversing motor direction is easy if you're used to mods and taking your drone apart. All brushless motors have three wires going into them from the ESC, all you have to do is cut and swap/resolder any two of them, doesn't matter which ones. Problem is the software, with quads, most ESC's use BLheli software, and downloadable configurator, if you don't want to swap wires, you can do this all in BLheli. If that's not an option, and physically swap wires, you still have to go into BetaFlight and tell the flight controller the props are reversed. I know the new DJI fpv air unit is compatable with BetaFlight but I am not sure about the Mavic, or if DJI assistant has a feature to change flight controller settings. I know they make motors for the Mavics that are compliant with BLheli, but not sure if the stock motors are.

Lastly, I stumbled on this by mistake, looking for green or yellow props to match a skin I got for mavic pro, they were very inexpensive so I ordered them not expecting much. When I got them, felt cheap and flimsy, again I was like, that's what I expected. Put them on and flew them, and I tell you what, they were sooooo smooth feeling, I didn't get the torque I do with other blades, but It felt great. I put it in sport mode and with no other mods, got it up to 40/41mph. I've recently got a few more and balance checked them, and they are dead on out of the package. They also weigh about a 1-1/2 grams less than stock DJI props, at 5.82g compared to 7.18g of DJI. Those are average weights too, I measured 6 of each kind, and the DJI props had a variance of 0.12g, these cheap ones only had variance of 0.08g, and that was only because one came in at 5.89g, the others were all exactly dead on at 5.81g. I'll leave a link for them too, they are the 8331F for mavic pro, I am pretty sure they make same ones in the 8743 prop for the Pro 2. Whoever manufactures them, they are the only ones with the silver tips, not a line, those will be the light ones. Hope this helps, good luck and let us know if you try them, happy flying!

Explanation from a long range guy

Explanation from JB, he's top youtube guy for race/freestyle quads

Props

Forgot about this, if you've never checked this out, it's a must see for folks that like to mod

I guess you kind of answered why I have mines modded. It's because I don't let it fly itself. I like to be in control and I fly it like it's a fpv drone. I am not a photographer or a videographer. I fly because it's just fun!? The faster speeds make a world of a difference! If you have not flown the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom with increased speed, you honestly do not know what you are missing! A vertical take off speed and descent speed of 20+mph will have you never wanting to go back to the stock speeds ??

You should try a DIY quad then, like a freestyle or racer. Even if you don't know how, or don't want to, learn to build them, they make tons of them RTF, (ready to fly,) you just need a radio, some even come with that. Some people think pilots have to be phtog hobbyists or race/freestyle hobbyists, one or the other. I do both, started off flying Phantoms and Mavics, then got into the DIY quads, and learned to build them, now I do photog stuff for a side job with Mavic, a 550 and a S1000 octocopter, then fly my DIY quads for fun. It's a great community too, just like the DJI crowd. Very welcoming, and don't give noobs a hard time at all, in fact they're the only reason I didn't pull all my hair out and smash a couple quads with a hammer, when I was learning to build..lol. Just hopped on FB or an FPV forum and had answers in minutes. Something to think about, happy flying!!

Btw, fast take off speeds, like these????

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtcexpress1