DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Modded the Mavic 3's Remote with Alientech's Amplified Duo Antenna, compared range with unmodded remote w/ Yagi Antennas.

I like the Alientech mod kit for the original Smart Controller. That was needed due to the stock antenna design not having a suitable mounting surface for QMA connectors. Luckily, DJI moved the SD card and HDMI & USB ports to the front and used two independently mounted antennas for the new/Pro version of the Smart Controller. So while it wasn't easy disassembling the Smart Controller Pro, the standard Alien Tech IPX to QMA connectors work great on the Pro version with no housing modifications required.
Did you take any pictures of the inside of the RC-Pro during the mod that show exactly where the transducer is located, so that a small hole can be drilled directly above it through the case without opening the case up? I want to muffle the annoyingly loud, RC-Pro internal heart attack beeping at 15% battery, like I have done on the RC-N1 and M2 RC which now both mew like kittens, instead of howling like alley cats at 15% battery! Can't find any tear downs showing the interior placement differences of the RC-Pro transducer from the SC. Just need to know exactly where that little bugger is located inside.

I like the Alientech mod kit for the original Smart Controller. That was needed due to the stock antenna design not having a suitable mounting surface for QMA connectors. Luckily, DJI moved the SD card and HDMI & USB ports to the front and used two independently mounted antennas for the new/Pro version of the Smart Controller. So while it wasn't easy disassembling the Smart Controller Pro, the standard Alien Tech IPX to QMA connectors work great on the Pro version with no housing modifications required.
Nice install. Very clean

Did you take any pictures of the inside of the RC-Pro during the mod that show exactly where the transducer is located, so that a small hole can be drilled directly above it through the case without opening the case up? I want to muffle the annoyingly loud, RC-Pro internal heart attack beeping at 15% battery, like I have done on the RC-N1 and M2 RC which now both mew like kittens, instead of howling like alley cats at 15% battery! Can't find any tear downs showing the interior placement differences of the RC-Pro transducer from the SC. Just need to know exactly where that little bugger is located inside.
Here is a full install found on ytube.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Here is a full install found on ytube.
Thanks! Transducer Mod completed when they first posted this video back on June 9th, after pestering them for over 7 months to make an RC Pro mod video, but then I found out from someone here that the volume control on the RC Pro has a zero setting that can also silence the transducer, in addition to the speaker, by just setting it to zero and then checking a box! Great RC Pro setting without any drilling holes. However, I still like my ability to alter the transducer volume without completely silencing it.

Last edited:
Thanks! Mod completed when they first posted this video back on June 9th, after pestering them for over 7 months to make an RC Pro mod video, but then I found out from someone here that the volume control on the RC Pro has a zero setting that can also silence the transducer, in addition to the speaker, by just setting it to zero and then checking a box! Great RC Pro setting without any drilling holes. However, I still like my ability to alter the transducer volume without completely silencing it.
Ok now you getting way over my head… 🥴
what does altering the transducer do for communication between the controller and the drone?

Ok now you getting way over my head… 🥴
what does altering the transducer do for communication between the controller and the drone?
Nothing. Sorry. Two different mods. I was modding the RC Pro solely to muffle the transducer, but I needed somone who was otherwise modding the RC Pro to show on video exactly where the transducer was located inside, so I could drill a hole through the case without tearing it open myself, like they had to do, to install the Alientech mod, which I thought was unnecessary, as 15 km is far enough already for me, and the battery is the real limiting factor!

Would love to see some pics of the install, I have the Alientech Duo II here, it's installed on my old Smart Controller & original stock controller for my still owned Mavic 2 Pro, would be great to do the same install as you have on the mavic 3 stock controller as I dont use it al all, I have the RC Pro but don't fancy butchering that yet as it cost me a kidney to purchase.
Hello. How did you find the Alientech Duo II with the old SC over this time? Did you encounter any problems, even minor ones? I have a M2P and MA2 that I use with my SC and was thinking of doing the same. Found someone here in SG that could help with a professional setup. But just wanted to hear your perspective before having the controller pulled apart. Did it also cause issues with the rubber grips post removal or with the overall frame of the SC?

Would love to hear from you. And thanks.

I am very happy with the addition of the alien tech antenna On my RC pro. My drone will fly further than the battery will allow. Which is all anyone can wish for. The only thing I didn’t like was my lifthor bracket used to hold my tripltek pad no longer fits. The folks from alien tech suggested an adapter but they couldn’t tell me for sure if it would work. Im sure I will eventually order the adapter but have not yet.

Hello. How did you find the Alientech Duo II with the old SC over this time? Did you encounter any problems, even minor ones? I have a M2P and MA2 that I use with my SC and was thinking of doing the same. Found someone here in SG that could help with a professional setup. But just wanted to hear your perspective before having the controller pulled apart. Did it also cause issues with the rubber grips post removal or with the overall frame of the SC?

Would love to hear from you. And thanks.
Never had any real problems apart from the general anxiety of taking the SC apart and worrying about if I could get it back together again fully working, thankfully it worked just fine and the improved range and penetration was more than worth the effort, don't think I would try it with my Mavic 3 and RC Pro though as the Mavic 3 with RC Pro matches the range and penetration of the Mavic 2 modded SC setup anyway.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Never had any real problems apart from the general anxiety of taking the SC apart and worrying about if I could get it back together again fully working, thankfully it worked just fine and the improved range and penetration was more than worth the effort, don't think I would try it with my Mavic 3 and RC Pro though as the Mavic 3 with RC Pro matches the range and penetration of the Mavic 2 modded SC setup anyway.
Thanks for the response! And speaking about taking the SC apart, I saw the part of using the hot air gun for the grip removal. Did that cause issues with the grips after putting them back again? As in out of shape, not adhering properly, etc? And good call with the Mavic 3 and RC Pro, I wouldn't do it either if I had it! Btw, are you flying in a CE or FCC region? Cheers!

I am very happy with the addition of the alien tech antenna On my RC pro. My drone will fly further than the battery will allow. Which is all anyone can wish for.
I have yet to run out of the range control within the distance the battery allows for a round trip flight with the RC Pro on the Mavic 3, even when starting at 100% and landing at 0%. At what distance were you previously losing range control within the distance that battery allows for a roundtrip flight?

Last edited:
Never understood why hardware mods is not part of the same rules that software mods adhere to. If people want to see\read about the mods they get permission to join that section just like software mods. It would stop all the negative comments from those who do not want to see this stuff.
Maybe needs to be considered as a hidden section. View attachment 139958

Wait, there's a secret hidden software mod section? How can I see it?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS