DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Module rid or software update

Wingedpeccary

Reactions
Remote id with software update vs hardware module…are there any thoughts on advantages of keeping one’s current config with a hardware module over a new updated software that may have changes separate from just rid?
I don’t want to update my software with a one way path only to find “surprise” additions or deletions to current capabilities.
Know what I mean?

Reactions: MTW4518
I know what you mean. There are many people who fear software updates accused of taking away features or changing UIs making them unfamiliar or placing unacceptable new limits or settings on drones that owners disagree with. For the most part, I believe these fears are unfounded. Manufacturers always try to improve the software and make things better unless there are changes they are forced to make. In my opinion, it is always better to take the software update....eventually (not on day one). The fact that you cannot rollback is likely not an attempt to lock you in so you have no choice if you disagree but rather it's not a good idea to go back because it's risky or doesn't work well or something might get broken. Otherwise, a forced update would be in order. Standard remote ID is always better than attaching an external broadcast module unless you fly mostly in a FRIA or you prefer to not broadcast the location of the control station. I am aware the drone community is very picky and love to keep their options open but the updates overall have mostly been benign except maybe this 120m EU max altitude limit that is rumored to be forthcoming in 2024. o_O

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne