DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Mongolia from above

VegardBerland

Reactions
Last summer I spent two amazing weeks in Mongolia. I put together a relaxation video with some epic drone shots of the wildlife, landscape and culture. If you got 30 minutes to kill or need something in the background while doing something else, I believe there are something for you here:

Have a great day!

Very nice video!

Reactions: VegardBerland
Hei på deg :)
Great flying and I think you have captured the essence of the beautiful Mongolian landscape.
It is many, many years since I was there, but I will never forget the sunrise over the Gobi desert :cool:

Great video, that horse statue is amazing. I've only spent a few days in Mongolia. The good bits... being out in the country and the people. The bad bits..... Ulaanbaatar. Oh and the 8 hour border crossing to and from Russia!

Thank you! Yes, the Gobi desert was amazing!
Hei på deg :)
Great flying and I think you have captured the essence of the beautiful Mongolian landscape.
It is many, many years since I was there, but I will never forget the sunrise over the Gobi desert :cool:

Great video, that horse statue is amazing. I've only spent a few days in Mongolia. The good bits... being out in the country and the people. The bad bits..... Ulaanbaatar. Oh and the 8 hour border crossing to and from Russia!
I agree! The country, nature, wildlife and the people are the best part of Mongolia.

Reactions: KBF
Last summer I spent two amazing weeks in Mongolia. I put together a relaxation video with some epic drone shots of the wildlife, landscape and culture. If you got 30 minutes to kill or need something in the background while doing something else, I believe there are something for you here:
Hi Vegard,
wow that was a very interesting 30 minutes! What a fantastic country, the landscapes are overwhelming and the endless expanses fascinated me! Thank you for showing this wonderful video 👍👍👍
cheers Paul

Hi Vegard,
wow that was a very interesting 30 minutes! What a fantastic country, the landscapes are overwhelming and the endless expanses fascinated me! Thank you for showing this wonderful video 👍👍👍
cheers Paul
Thank you so much for your feedback! Appreciate it!

Hi Vegard,
cheers Paul
Vegard:

Wow! That was a real tour de force! Amazing footage and flying. Loved the circles of the statue, the bactrian camel group, and the following or tracking scenes, and the overall feel of the film. Very well done, relaxing, and it kept my interest for the entire 30 minutes.

My wife and I are anxiously looking forward to a 2 week trip in July of a similar nature to Kyrgystan. Also, a vast, open space with tall mountain scenery, glaciers, etc. We will be staying in tents, small hotels, and yurts. It is a photographic workshop with 6 photographers led by 2 professional photographers.

I have several questions about your video.
1. how did you repeatedly charge your drone batteries on the route? Also, same question for camera batteries.
2. in your tracking scenes, did you use automated (on board drone) tracking or did you do it manually?
3. In your circle shots- same question- automated, or manual?
4. Music sources?

Again, congratulations on this great film.

Dale
Miami

Vegard:

Wow! That was a real tour de force! Amazing footage and flying. Loved the circles of the statue, the bactrian camel group, and the following or tracking scenes, and the overall feel of the film. Very well done, relaxing, and it kept my interest for the entire 30 minutes.

My wife and I are anxiously looking forward to a 2 week trip in July of a similar nature to Kyrgystan. Also, a vast, open space with tall mountain scenery, glaciers, etc. We will be staying in tents, small hotels, and yurts. It is a photographic workshop with 6 photographers led by 2 professional photographers.

I have several questions about your video.
1. how did you repeatedly charge your drone batteries on the route? Also, same question for camera batteries.
2. in your tracking scenes, did you use automated (on board drone) tracking or did you do it manually?
3. In your circle shots- same question- automated, or manual?
4. Music sources?

Again, congratulations on this great film.

Dale
Miami
Thank you so much! Love the feedback and it inspires me to keep making videos!
Kyrgystan sounds amazing! I guess the culture and nature is somewhat similar. And smart to travel with some professional photographers. To your questions:

1. I was visiting a friend in Mongolia and we had access to a Landcruiser 200 the whole trip. I had a car charger to my DJI Air 2 and that was enough for the drone. I brought 5 batteries to my Canon EOS R and I never needed more, because I charged the batteries when I was at hotels some of the nights.

2. and 3. I almost always shot my shots manually. Best way to train your smooth drone motions is to follow moving objects or do orbits around objects. It was challenging sometimes when I was in the car and the road was terribly bumpy, so in some cases I should maybe use more automatic tracking. But I like to get the shot excactly as I want it and then it is best to do it manually. Of course that would not work if I was alone, but my friend was driving, so then it works :)

4. I get all my music from Epidemic Sound. I have a referral link for a 7-day free trial if you are interested:

Thanks again for taking the time to watch my video and commenting!

Du you have a Youtube-channel or Instagram or something with your work?

Vegard
Bergen, Norway

Reactions: KBF
Thank you so much! Love the feedback and it inspires me to keep making videos!
Kyrgystan sounds amazing! I guess the culture and nature is somewhat similar. And smart to travel with some professional photographers. To your questions:

1. I was visiting a friend in Mongolia and we had access to a Landcruiser 200 the whole trip. I had a car charger to my DJI Air 2 and that was enough for the drone. I brought 5 batteries to my Canon EOS R and I never needed more, because I charged the batteries when I was at hotels some of the nights.

2. and 3. I almost always shot my shots manually. Best way to train your smooth drone motions is to follow moving objects or do orbits around objects. It was challenging sometimes when I was in the car and the road was terribly bumpy, so in some cases I should maybe use more automatic tracking. But I like to get the shot excactly as I want it and then it is best to do it manually. Of course that would not work if I was alone, but my friend was driving, so then it works :)

4. I get all my music from Epidemic Sound. I have a referral link for a 7-day free trial if you are interested:

Thanks again for taking the time to watch my video and commenting!

Du you have a Youtube-channel or Instagram or something with your work?

Vegard
Bergen, Norway
As a matter of fact, I have been a Vimeo user for years. Here is a link to my account, where you will find both short and long videos from my world travels and locally around Miami. You'll have to scroll to the bottom and click for more videos to see the entire catalogue. I'd recommend the recent trip to Kenya, (although drones were forbidden and mine was confiscated at Nairobi customs), and Chile.
, Montana
, and any other you care to view. I do post on You Tube also but since I do not subscribe to a music service, I try to avoid You Tube due to copyright issues. My account is the following

I do have a web site also.clic k this link Dale Davis Photography

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Dale
Miami

As a matter of fact, I have been a Vimeo user for years. Here is a link to my account, where you will find both short and long videos from my world travels and locally around Miami. You'll have to scroll to the bottom and click for more videos to see the entire catalogue. I'd recommend the recent trip to Kenya, (although drones were forbidden and mine was confiscated at Nairobi customs), and Chile.
, Montana
, and any other you care to view. I do post on You Tube also but since I do not subscribe to a music service, I try to avoid You Tube due to copyright issues. My account is the following

I do have a web site also.clic k this link Dale Davis Photography

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Dale
Miami
Could I also ask you for a link to the type of car charger you used to charge your drone batteries and devices? I fly a Mavic 3 and Amazon lists so many I got confused.

Could I also ask you for a link to the type of car charger you used to charge your drone batteries and devices? I fly a Mavic 3 and Amazon lists so many I got confused.
Nice! I will check out your videos and website.
Well, the Mavic Air 2 charger only fits for that drone, but I believe the charging hub for the Mavic 3 uses a USB-C cable, so any cable like that will do.
Here is a link to the original DJI Car Charger to the Mavic 3:

Maybe a bit overpriced, but at least you are certain that you get the right power. I´m pretty sure this will do the same, but no guarantees..

Have a great day!
Great video thanks for sharing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne