DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Two weeks in Mongolia (a drone pilots paradise)

Just beautiful. Most 30 second+ videos go on too long, this was captivating the whole way through. I really like you kept the clips short and interesting.

And those resting horses look well used to drones!
Thank you so much! Your feedback means a lot! I was amazed that almost none of the animals seemed to be bothered by the drone. In Norway they run as soon as they hear something.

Gerat video and mixed well with the background music. How did you map out out your journey as it appears there were few roads in some of the desolate areas?
Thank you! It was actually a bit challenging. Google Maps didn’t help us here. There were some places that had proper roads, but most places you just needed to follow a track in the direction you think is right according to the map. We also used some old Soviet military maps from the 60s. These were surprisingly accurate and had many of the tracks drawn up.

Thanks. So many questions. Were you able to get right into Mongolia or did you have to go through Russia or China to get to the region you traveled?
I love questions 😃 I actually know someone who lives in Mongolia so I flew to the capital Ulan Bator and we drove west from there. First through the Gobi desert and then to Ulgii. And we drove the north route back to Ulan Bator.

Just watched your Norway video - also a WOW and AWESOME! All of a sudden the videos that I post on youtube seem to pale in comparison. Very well done. Congrats.
Thank you! That means a lot! I’ve been doing this for a couple of years and the Norway-video is two or three years of footage 😃 Do you have a YouTube-channel?

Yes - my videos are mostly regional to where I live on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario. But we bike quite a bit and I take footage of the rail trails in NY, PA, MD, WVA, and elsewhere. In the first video on the link below we used to own a mile of that Lake Ontario beach with the two water frontages to it. We sold it to the Nature Conservancy and they inturn turned it over to the State of New York. We couldn't manage it as for 70 years people used the beach and we just simply couldn't keep the ATV's or partiers off of the fragile dunes. The State did a much better job getting people to buy into dune preservaction. The eastern shore of Lake Ontario is almost the only portion that is sandy. Everywhere else it is mostly rock based.

Reactions: VegardBerland
Yes - my videos are mostly regional to where I live on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario. But we bike quite a bit and I take footage of the rail trails in NY, PA, MD, WVA, and elsewhere. In the first video on the link below we used to own a mile of that Lake Ontario beach with the two water frontages to it. We sold it to the Nature Conservancy and they inturn turned it over to the State of New York. We couldn't manage it as for 70 years people used the beach and we just simply couldn't keep the ATV's or partiers off of the fragile dunes. The State did a much better job getting people to buy into dune preservaction. The eastern shore of Lake Ontario is almost the only portion that is sandy. Everywhere else it is mostly rock based.
That beach in the video was amazing. Interesting story. You have some nice videos on your channel. I will check out more when I have time 😃

Definetly got me looking into plane tickets! Beautifully done work, a memory of a lifetime.
Thank you! It is worth the money, but be aware of long distances and bad roads if you are travelling by car in Mongolia 😃

Incredible! Did you require a permit to fly in Mongolia? If so, what was the application/approval process like?
Thank you! I was visiting a friend who has been living in Mongolia for a long time, so I trusted him when he said that I could fly anywhere except the main square in the capital. Of course you have to follow common sense and worldwide rules like staying away from airports and not flying over crowds of people. Other than that I felt free to fly where ever I wanted and most places there were no people anyway.
We also visited a strictly protected area in Great Gobi A where the last of the Gobi bears lives. When I asked the Mongolian guide if I could use a drone, he said no problem 😃 I believe drones are still quite rare in Mongolia, so they don’t have too much laws against them, at least no system to follow them up.

Reactions: PBDawg
I just came back from spending two weeks in Mongolia and got to capture some of its vast wildlife and landscape with my drone. Here are some of the best moments.
Hello Vegard,
I was almost knocked off my chair watching your video! A true cinematic experience with absolutely spectacular landscapes and moods! When flying through the wreckage I was almost scared, because that was unexpected and a fantastic shot!
The music fits perfectly and all in all you have created a true "WOW video", Great compliment, it has been huge fun and
I could have watched for a longer time than the 3.40 minutes! 👍👍👍😉 A Masterpiece!!
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1