DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Monitor color space to edit in for Dlog-M

DharmicAtma

Reactions
Hi,

New Mavic 2 Pro drone user here, and new to editing video too.

I want to shoot in Dlog-M. I will use Premiere Pro to edit the footage on my Windows PC.

My monitor (the Asus PA249) has two modes, sRGB and Adobe RGB.

Which mode should I put my Monitor in to view and edit my Dlog-M footage in Premiere Pro please?

Thank you,
DharmicAtma

Last edited:
Hi,

New Mavic 2 Pro drone user here, and new to editing video too.

I want to shoot in Dlog-M. I will use Premiere Pro to edit the footage on my Windows PC.

Which mode should I put my Monitor in to view and edit my Dlog-M footage in Premiere Pro please?

Thank you,
DharmicAtma
Thing is your viewers will not have Adobe RGB.
So if you want to view it how they will use SRGB.

sRGB is the color gamut (range) to use for monitors and sharing images/video on the web. I use Adobe to print images as it has a wider gamut.

Thing is your viewers will not have Adobe RGB.
So if you want to view it how they will use SRGB.
When you're editing and color correcting, you want the highest gamut available. You only worry about target platforms when you render to a deliverable format.

Chris

When you're editing and color correcting, you want the highest gamut available. You only worry about target platforms when you render to a deliverable format.

Chris
Thank you. So, view and edit/colour-grade the Dlog-M footage with my Monitor in Adobe RGB mode, and save it as such, and then create an sRGB version from that Adobe RGB save for viewing on YouTube etc?

Thank you. So, view and edit/colour-grade the Dlog-M footage with my Monitor in Adobe RGB mode, and save it as such, and then create an sRGB version from that Adobe RGB save for viewing on YouTube etc?
Yes. This isn't the only thing we change on render. We mostly do not publish in the format we record or edit in (even if we don't shoot in LOG). You can upload 4K to youtube, but depending on who your audience is, you might want to publish it @ 1080p, and with a common, web friendly compression (not h.265).

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock