DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More Swollen Batteries

MRomine

Reactions
Three batteries swollen this week. Two from a Fly More kit the other came with the Mavic 2 Pro. The one that came with the drone has a manufacture date of 12/2018 and the other two of 03/2019. One has been charged 66 times, the other two 70 and 72 times.

Has anyone bought new batteries for a Mavic 2 Pro lately? Are they any better than these? I hate spending this much money knowing that they will fail shortly after the warranty expires.

I’ve bought 2 in the last few months and are doing fine. Not flying quite as much as I was ,we’ll am but with 3 differant drones
i switch up what I’m flying.

Three batteries swollen this week. Two from a Fly More kit the other came with the Mavic 2 Pro. The one that came with the drone has a manufacture date of 12/2018 and the other two of 03/2019. One has been charged 66 times, the other two 70 and 72 times.

Has anyone bought new batteries for a Mavic 2 Pro lately? Are they any better than these? I hate spending this much money knowing that they will fail shortly after the warranty expires.
Contact DJI support. They ask tons of questions and went back and forth for 2 weeks before finally submitting video to their specifications (needed a persona YouTube channel). Finally DJI agreed to replace both swollen batteries at no cost though far beyond warranty period. Another week of phone calls from DJI asking for my shipping address although given several times. Finally shipped and came too late for use at wedding at vineyard. Whole process too approximately 5 weeks.

Reactions: MRomine
Can the swollen batteries be recycled at a typical battery recycle center?

Contact DJI support. They ask tons of questions and went back and forth for 2 weeks before finally submitting video to their specifications (needed a persona YouTube channel). Finally DJI agreed to replace both swollen batteries at no cost though far beyond warranty period. Another week of phone calls from DJI asking for my shipping address although given several times. Finally shipped and came too late for use at wedding at vineyard. Whole process too approximately 5 weeks.
That was my experience also. My original three batteries from 2018, long out of warranty, were replaced without charge this spring due to swelling. (I didn't need a YouTube channel, though. Just had to send them the video they wanted.)

I too had three swollen batteries and all out of warranty and after sending photos of all six sides and wobble videos of each battery, they eventually replaced the three but it took 8 weeks and many calls to them, but they did come through, thankfully, that saved close to $500. It was a bother, but well worth it. I just pray these don't swell in future. Never had any issues with my original Mavic Pro batteries, just the Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: MRomine
I submitted a report to DJI support late Thursday night about my three swollen batteries and I had a response in may e-mail first thing Friday morning. They have asked me to submit a wobble video of each battery and their SN. They said they would respond back in 2-3 days.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Well I am happy to report that I just received my three Mavic 2 Pro replacement batteries from DJI via FedEx. I had to submit a video battery test showing the my original batteries were indeed swollen. Once that was done the request was submitted to have them replaced. All in all the whole process went pretty well. The entire process from submitting the on-line form to actually reaching the batteries 11 days.

This is the second time I have discovered that 2 of my batteries for my Mavic pro 2 are swollen underneath.
So they no longer clip normally on the Mavic and I have the risk that they will come off the Mavic in flight?
Or disconnects in flight?
I contact Dji support and they ask me the serial number and all details about when I bought them etc...

This is the second time I have discovered that 2 of my batteries for my Mavic pro 2 are swollen underneath.
So they no longer clip normally on the Mavic and I have the risk that they will come off the Mavic in flight?
Or disconnects in flight?
I contact Dji support and they ask me the serial number and all details about when I bought them etc...

Yes risk is very high for popping out of these batteries.
You could strap em, but the swelling and continued swelling, is a sign they are on the way out, so best not to use them, or even charge them.
The risk of lipo fire is greatly increased whe the cells start being problematic.
DJI probably want the serial #s and purchase info to see if they fall into the ‘bad battery batch’ range, if they do, you’ll probably be sent warranty replacements free of charge.
Good luck with that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erechtus