DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most battery efficient speed to cover a distance

OK, I gave it a try and the results were
Tomk suggested that the frontal area effect was subordinate to the other effects, rather than to suggest that there was no effect. I don't suspect that any of us are making things up to support our agenda, but why not test these theories out?

I propose we get our MM2s up in the air to 200' AGL, then run them for 2000' at max normal mode speed, and then again at max sport mode speed. We then repeat the following day with a fully charged but cold battery and drone, but this time running at sport mode first. We will need to record the travel time and actual travel distance, We need to know the starting and ending battery level, and the elevation msl wouldn't hurt either. Send me the data and I'll sort it out.
Inconclusive. I'll extend the distance to see what happens.

OK, I gave it a try and the results were

Inconclusive. I'll extend the distance to see what happens.
Not a good test as the wind will not the same strength and direction two days in a row. It needs to be done in a controlled environment like a wind tunnel

Not a good test as the wind will not the same strength and direction two days in a row. It needs to be done in a controlled environment like a wind tunnel
There are a number of variables I can't control, but it will be the best information we have. My biggest concern is the battery strength meter. Those numbers we see are based on some sort of dji algorithm, and who knows how linear it is in respect to energy available. It's probably the best indicator we can get of course, but I doubt it is perfect.

I would think that the data files will tell you how much power has been used at any point in the flight. Might be easy in AirData but I've never tried to look there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo