DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOST EFFICIENT BATTERY SETTINGS FOR LONG TRIP WITH M2P

E90RAW

Reactions
I need to fly approximately 33,000 feet over water/ocean to an island. I will be flying into the wind for the first 1/2 of the trip(33,000 feet), with the wind in the sails for the trip home. My question is would "P"mode be more efficient than "S" mode for the trip even though it will take longer. I have completed a trip of similar distance in sport mode and made it back with 2% battery. The M2P slowed from 44 mph to 27mph once landing mode was activated. Of course I had to use the basic maneuvers to counter the landing mode. Yes this is pushing it a bit.

...My question is would "P"mode be more efficient than "S" mode for the trip even though it will take longer...
P mode with anti-collision sensors turned off gets a speed between P and S modes. For the MP this is the most efficient speed to power (battery drain) ratio but I do not know if it is the same for the M2.

Last edited:
Reactions: E90RAW
Quite a few threads on this topic, did a search > battery efficiency < these ones stood out.

Seems P mode in general, but some situations may require Sports mode to make headway (if flight badly planned with wind).
Most important, like an auto, light on the 'fast pedal' (acccelerator), no up and down revving, try and maintain steady speed / altitude and stay low as possible out of higher wind.
Probably like an auto, cruise control might be the most steady way to fly, using either an automated DJI app mode (waypoint mission, tap fly, that sort of thing), or an aftermarket app like Litchi, Drone Deploy, Pix4D, Autopilot, Dronelink, etc.

Reactions: E90RAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88