DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most likely thinking of getting a Mavic 2 zoom.

pricelessppp

Reactions
I'm mostly leaning to the Mavic 2 Zoom. And wondering how does everyone like that Drone? And hows the GPS features like on the Drone? And what's the longevity of the drone like when DJI releases a new version do they have a good track record with support on older models etc? Also whats the raw videos/photos like on the drone?

All good questions pricelessppp . . . most have been thoroughly answered. You can find some answers "HERE" until others chime in and answer you directly. Either M2P or M2Z you cannot go wrong. DJI's support is mostly in the build quality so you won't need support. These birds are ROCK solid but not indestructible.

Hope this helps . . .

Hi Pricelessppp,
A couple of quick questions for you, are you primarily looking to shoot photos or video? I own and fly a Mavic 2 pro which is the same drone, just a different camera. I love it! The GPS feature works great. As far as how DJI handles past drones after a new product rollout, all I can say is that there are many satisfied owners of MP and MPP that get help with those models. Hope my opinion helps.
Blue Skies from SoCal
P.s Just some friendly advice, you should feel comfortable flying without GPS so that when satellite connection is lost you still can fly the UAV safely back with confidence. :)

Last edited:
Hi Pricelessppp,
A couple of quick questions for you, are you primarily looking to shot photos or video? I own and fly a Mavic 2 pro which is the same drone, just a different camera. I love it! The GPS feature works great. As far as how DJI handles past drones after a new product rollout, all I can say is that there are many satisfied owners of MP and MPP that get help with those models. Hope my opinion helps.
Blue Skies from SoCal
P.s Just some friendly advice, you should feel comfortable flying without GPS so that when satellite connection is lost you still can fly the UAV safely back with confidence. :)
Cool thanks for chiming in. I’m comfortable flying with out GPS i started with RC planes then branched off to drones and started with the Hubsan palm size drone then moved on to a 450 class drone with out gps but still a wonderful flyer! And was just curious on its GPS capability’s also I’m wanting to take stills & video.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
I love my M2Z with Crystalsky. I fly zoomed out and when I see something I want to get a closer look at, all I have to do is zoom in. THe only problem I have had is if I'm sitting on the ground and the camera focuses on something like grass that is very close to me, when I take off I need to make sure that it refocuses at a distance of the video will be fuzzy.

I'm mostly leaning to the Mavic 2 Zoom. And wondering how does everyone like that Drone? And hows the GPS features like on the Drone? And what's the longevity of the drone like when DJI releases a new version do they have a good track record with support on older models etc? Also whats the raw videos/photos like on the drone?
The main distinctions between the Zoom and the M2P is the optical zoom on the Zoom and the variable aperture on the M2P. Consider your main desires/purpose for your videos and pics.
GOS is great as long as you have a wide view of the sky.
DJI still supports drones that are now 4-5 years old like the MPP, but older models continue to function, but software is considered nature.
Just take the time with the full, only online, 70 page manual to learn your drone... and practice in open areas until you are familiar enough with the drone to predict it’s behavior in any flight mode you use.
Here’s the link to the manual, much better than the 3-4 page one in the box:

Reactions: FireManiac44
I have a M2Z, upgraded from the Spark.

I have to say I haven't really explored all the functions yet, despite having it for 6 months or so. I do find I use the zoom less than I thought I would but really pleased I purchased it. The reason being that I prefer to fix my shutter speed and when you zoom in/out the aperture varies, meaning the output can be too dark / light on occasions.

The occusync is brilliant - I have got a couple of miles over open water and in town with lots of competing wifi I have had way beyond visual line of sight. Also, the image stabilisation is superb. I have had some examples where it's high in the air but producing video that looks like the camera is on a tripod. As others have said, the autofocus might catch you out if you start recording before you take off.

There are lots of tutorials at youtube, one of the good features of buying a DJI drone. Updates are done on an occasional basis but TBH you are probably going to be looking to get the latest drone in 2 years time!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980