DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most nervous I’ve been

This will be five years old flying drones for me now and I still get that twinge at lift off of nervous excitement. Thats why we love it! My first year I was so nervous my hands would shake and I’d get chilled. Mind you that was DJI Phantom v1.0 for anyone of you dinosaurs. Flyaways?...oh yeah...wonky software, loosening props, errant radio interference, dramatic battery falloff..we had it all. I sound like a WWI flyer but its so true, “You kids today” are flying drones that are WAYYYY better then their predecessors.

This will be five years old flying drones for me now and I still get that twinge at lift off of nervous excitement. Thats why we love it! My first year I was so nervous my hands would shake and I’d get chilled. Mind you that was DJI Phantom v1.0 for anyone of you dinosaurs. Flyaways?...oh yeah...wonky software, loosening props, errant radio interference, dramatic battery falloff..we had it all. I sound like a WWI flyer but its so true, “You kids today” are flying drones that are WAYYYY better then their predecessors.

I’m not a kid 51 just late to the game I was waiting for the drones to evolve a little B4 dropping the cash on one! So what did I do I got 2 Mavics lol

No it won't, it has diminished but it hasn't gone away. Big sissy here. Very nice picture by the way, well staged, nice composition.
I was so nervous today trying to land after a bunch of spectators showed up! And made my landing area shrink to a dirt Area about 6'*6' with trees and rocks all around me, I don't know where they all came from I was alone for 15 minutes then it was like fly's on crap! I wasn't even close to a town it was a remote waterfall that I have never seen more than 3-4 people at but there were 20 cars in the lot when I eft

Well done! The nerves definitely ease up over time. My first flight, someone walked by and commented on how much I was shaking haha

Gawd this is so true! I did it with my initial flights today too... I need to get beyond the "nerves" It'll come with time.

@OP - that is a great picture!

Could you give a few details of the shot? Did you have any clear area overhead? How about satellite coverage? My satellite coverage drops off quickly amongst trees and I'm wondering at what point the drone will go into ATTI mode.
I too would be interested in the details - and the photo setup....

Shooting at drones? Do they shoot at owls and birds too?

If you’re referring to my fears of the local hillbillies. Shooting at my drone? They shoot at anything they want around here it’s almost lawless here you should here the automatic fire I here almost every day! I’m starting to wonder if there’s a militia training camp close by?

I was so nervous today trying to land after a bunch of spectators showed up! And made my landing area shrink to a dirt Area about 6'*6' with trees and rocks all around me

I just ‘grab’ it from the air when there’s no safe landing place. Works like a charm and with people around it makes my mavic look like a well-trained puppy

Reactions: saboken
I just ‘grab’ it from the air when there’s no safe landing place. Works like a charm and with people around it makes my mavic look like a well-trained puppy

I’m not that confident to do a air grab just yet I want to practice alone B4 I do it with a crowd of people around me! My nerves were shot when I got surrounded by all the People and a few young kids wanting to see it, the parents didn’t keep them away! I was literally shaking that someone was going to get clipped by the props

I’m not that confident to do a air grab just yet I want to practice alone B4 I do it with a crowd of people around me! My nerves were shot when I got surrounded by all the People and a few young kids wanting to see it, the parents didn’t keep them away! I was literally shaking that someone was going to get clipped by the props

IMG_0050.JPGall I had to land it was the yellow circle it was me ant one other person when it took off but 5 minuets later I had over 15 people on and around that elevated deck the trees were to thick to land anywhere else.
87fbd3cd5bce1bc3f9f8eaea08f68cba.jpg

I can imagine that air grabs are something you'd want to practice alone and by yourself. There are those that say you shouldn't even do them at all. But I've found it way easier than fumbling around trying to get your drone to land in a small circle like the one you showed. Air take-offs are a bit trickier but not all that difficult either. It helps to have big hands so holding and working the controller at the same time is easier but the auto-take-off feature comes in really handy then.

Good luck with it!

I can imagine that air grabs are something you'd want to practice alone and by yourself. There are those that say you shouldn't even do them at all. But I've found it way easier than fumbling around trying to get your drone to land in a small circle like the one you showed. Air take-offs are a bit trickier but not all that difficult either. It helps to have big hands so holding and working the controller at the same time is easier but the auto-take-off feature comes in really handy then.

Good luck with it!

When I get my iPad mount the controller will be teathered to me so one handed operation will be easier this was only my second flight and the longest, live and learn I thought the location, cold, and the upcoming holiday would keep the people away but I felt like I was a rock star and paparazzi found me. Lol

Reactions: ajsiemers
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki