DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most of you don't understand the regulations.

So if I want to fly my drone at a high school football stadium to shoot video for the marching band. After the game and the drone is flying over people in the stands.

Would that had been considered illegal under 336?
Unfortunately, yes. The FAA considers it monetization of you are asked to do it for someone else, regardless of if money ever switched hands. :(

And what if you are not asked, but you provide it to them on your own choice?

Same answer. The question is simply whether the activity is purely recreational. If your intent is to acquire video to provide to the band, paid or not, requested or not, then your intent for the flight was not purely recreational.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
This is not a rant, but I've seen a lot of misinformation on this forum about regulations. I'll try to explain clearly the regulations concerning recreational use of UAVs in the USA, more precisely section 336.

due to the different responses, Id say you haven't succeeded in covering this "clearly". Maybe you need to develop a "nicer" way of communicating, or stop trying to police everyone's flying on an international forum with people flying in a vast amount of different jurisdictions and under different authorities

Reactions: InvisibleName
due to the different responses, Id say you haven't succeeded in covering this "clearly". Maybe you need to develop a "nicer" way of communicating, or stop trying to police everyone's flying on an international forum with people flying in a vast amount of different jurisdictions and under different authorities

It also helps to get it all correct when creating a thread with that kind of title.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum