DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mothballing my Air 2

Rockingbilly

Reactions
Hi, I have an Air 2 which I love, and I also have recently purchased a Mini 2. Due Lockdown in UK and new 2021 Drone restrictions, I will be using the mini 2 and not the Air 2. What should I do with the batteries (3) of the Air 2, and is there any other advice I need re leaving the Air 2 in its bag unused? (Apart from taking the A2 C of C course)

Store the device in a dry place to avoid corrosion over time. Charge all the batteries and let them self discharge to what should be around 60%. Check the batteries every three months for further discharge, and either repeat the charge and self discharge or top back up to around 60%. Eventually however, you will have a copter that maybe still works, and three batteries that do not due to long term disuse. If it were me, and I knew that I would not be flying it, I would sell it...

Store the device in a dry place to avoid corrosion over time. Charge all the batteries and let them self discharge to what should be around 60%. Check the batteries every three months for further discharge, and either repeat the charge and self discharge or top back up to around 60%. Eventually however, you will have a copter that maybe still works, and three batteries that do not due to long term disuse. If it were me, and I knew that I would not be flying it, I would sell it...
Thanks Brockrock, I will take your advice on the storage. I did think of selling the Air 2, but everybody else has the same idea and the ebay prices for the Air 2 have dropped.

Thanks Brockrock, I will take your advice on the storage. I did think of selling the Air 2, but everybody else has the same idea and the ebay prices for the Air 2 have dropped.
If properly stored and maintained as mentioned above, you should get two or so years out of your batts depending upon how many cycles they have, but don't forget about it over time. Give it a visit every 90 days or so. Thumbswayup

I'd say if he checked them every 3 months - they'd be real close to full discharge - not 60%. I'd check them more like every 3-4 weeks to make sure they stay somewhat charged.

Hi, I have an Air 2 which I love, and I also have recently purchased a Mini 2. Due Lockdown in UK and new 2021 Drone restrictions, I will be using the mini 2 and not the Air 2. What should I do with the batteries (3) of the Air 2, and is there any other advice I need re leaving the Air 2 in its bag unused? (Apart from taking the A2 C of C course)
I had to make a similar decision regarding my car when I lost my license. I sold the car. Perhaps the best plan would be to sell the drone unless you can afford for it to just collect dust.

I'd say if he checked them every 3 months - they'd be real close to full discharge - not 60%. I'd check them more like every 3-4 weeks to make sure they stay somewhat charged.
I lost a battery for my MA (toddler had dropped it behind bed, I found out 4 months later). After that time period, it was still over 50%. I’ve noticed pretty low discharge, at least on the original Air batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters