DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor coils look different

Flybridge

Reactions
Hi,

I noticed that some of the copper coils in one of my MA2 motors look less organized than others. Is this normal? Is it an issue if there is a connection between the coils as seems to be in my case (not clearly visible in this photo)? Drone flies fine.

ThanksCoil.jpg

You mean unintended connection between the windings (shorted turns)?

Unlikely.

Looks like a bit of a dodgy winding job however there seems to be no obvious damage to the insulation.

I checked all mine , they seem to be all the same, but i dont know if that is really making a difference in how the motor may be performing./
Just a tired factory worker taking a short cut im thinking .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Screenshot 06-05-2020 07.32.01.jpg

Reactions: pelagic_one
they are hand wound ,that motor should not have passed final inspection i would contact your Supplier you may be able to get a replacement under consumer law, not fit for purpose if you have only just aquired it

they are hand wound ,that motor should not have passed final inspection i would contact your Supplier you may be able to get a replacement under consumer law, not fit for purpose if you have only just aquired it
I doubt these motors are hand wound- I can imagine a long line of pin winding machines and yes, I agree, the person operating the machine should have seen this obvious mishap. If they missed it then it should not have got past the person(s) who dressed and tinned the fly leads and/or installed the bell on the motor. This fault is almost certainly a lack of tension when winding or running the machine to fast.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs