DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor curent error. Please chech your propellers....

llucixxeu

Reactions
Can anyone pleade explain what this means?
Drone flew fine after error, no miss behavior.Screenshot_20180512-140050.jpeg

Theres another thread on this that was started two days ago with Air. Did you update to the latest FW? Version .0400 I too had this error yesterday. Can you upload your .txt file from that exact flight. I want to compare flight and power activity for simalarities. To answer your question, the Motor Current Error from my understanding of research, is one of the motors has exceeded a threshold limit of electrical current. DJI may have decreased one of these thresholds shortly in the last update. (.0400) My error occurred shortly after high voltage during a climb.

I had the same issue:

I was using the sport mode, but I wasn't speeding up to the maximum speed. That was the second consecutive flight.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-05-22 at 23.11.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-05-22 at 23.11.47.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 28
Apparently it's a false warning some people are getting with the latest firmware. DJI claims it's actually a problem with the app (?) and a fix is imminent. DJI is telling people to ignore the warning, but given the nature of the warning, I can see how that would make some people uncomfortable :) There are threads on the DJI forums where DJI employees have replied as such after checking with the technical teams.

I have put about 6 batteries through my MA on the latest firmware (lots of sport mode in there too) and so far I have not had any motor current warnings or yaw drifting - those seem to be the two things some people are reporting. I did also notice an update for the app recently, not sure if the two are related.

Reactions: BMW Z4
I got the warning last night too. I was flying a TapFly mission at a very slow speed (2.2mph). About 4 seconds after I hit RTH, the warning came up. It came home and landed with no issues, but it is quite concerning

I got the warning last night too. I was flying a TapFly mission at a very slow speed (2.2mph). About 4 seconds after I hit RTH, the warning came up. It came home and landed with no issues, but it is quite concerning
Just a question. Are you on android? I know there was a recent update to the go app (4.2.16) and was curious if this version was still showing the error when flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece