DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor current error

sburke

Reactions
Hello all,
I know there have been other posts about this but recently I've been getting these error messages when flying my MPP. There is no consistent time, flight speed, air temperature or weather event where this occurs. I've even had this warning display while flying in tripod mode. Some days I can fly three batteries and not get this warning at all. Other times I might get it three times in one flight.
Also, I've seen a post with a link for a "patch". Does anyone know if this patch just disables this warning or does it fix a firmware issue?

I’ll probably run four batteries on Saturday and let you know if that’s the case.

So I have 4 batteries. Got the "motor current error" warning while flying one battery the other day. Today I flew three batteries. While flying with the first battery (not the one from the other day) I got 2 motor current error warnings - one while ascending, the other while traveling forward. There were no coincidental flight behavior effects. While flying the next two batteries I did not get any warnings except the occasional high wind. So far there is no consistent pattern as to when the "motor current error" warnings appear.

I started getting these errors on MPP just after I got a mixed firmware (1.04.0300 with FC from 1.03.0700) and modded parameters. When I flashed back the full 1.04.0300 and factory reset the drone in DJI Assistant, the errors were gone. As I read about this problem, it's not always associated with my case so I think no exact cause is known yet.

I'm back with the mixed fw since it's more fun and less restrictions, but need to test more if those errors really affect the motors.

I started getting these errors on MPP just after I got a mixed firmware (1.04.0300 with FC from 1.03.0700) and modded parameters. When I flashed back the full 1.04.0300 and factory reset the drone in DJI Assistant, the errors were gone. As I read about this problem, it's not always associated with my case so I think no exact cause is known yet.

I'm back with the mixed fw since it's more fun and less restrictions, but need to test more if those errors really affect the motors.

I am in the same boat (MPP).... just finished doing the firmware down/upgrades... same firmwares as yours and i am also getting the Motor Current Error... NOT sure if this is going to damage anything.. Anyone else seen this and have a solution for a fix?

Same issue, I have no motor problems when I’m at the 1.04.100 With mods, But is soon as I downgrade without even changing any modifications and flying with factory reset at version 1.03.900 Without mods I get this error. So mods are not the issue....it’s the old FW that’s the problem but it may also be something internal, As soon as I upgrade to 1.04.100 the error goes away.

I’ve also tried to upgrade back up with mixed firmware but I still get the over current warning. It has something to do with the flight controller parameters, I think it may be more real than just an FW error as I can tell when I’m getting the error and watching the bird closely it will start to drift One Direction more than any other.

Good Morning all...

So I was wondering if there has been any updates on this issue... I really haven't seen any performance issues... but I am a little concerned as I wouldn't want the MPP falling from the sky?

Is it just a simple .dat file error as I have read in other post? I have also read that people are sending back their new MPP due to this issue.

Has anyone seen any more information or post lately on the Motor over current errors when mixing firmwares on the Mavic Platinum? Any have any crashes or mishaps due to this issue?

I have found that in my experience, I have a MPP, that was downgraded. The motor current error is actually true warning.

The MPP motors are more efficient then the original MP and want to run at a lower RPM. (This does not mean it can not run at a higher resting RPM)

MPP resting RPMS are around Mid-High 400's (Example 480)
Mp Resting RPMs are around Low 500's (Example 520)

So If you have an MPP that you downgraded below 1.3.9 you will receive this error since the motors are using the MP resting RPM and not the MPP resting. Will this actually do damage to the motors??? Probably not, since they are designed to handle higher RPM's in the first place, but since they are hard coded for a lower resting RPM, it believes it to be an error. (Just FYI, I work with large motors and pumps on a daily occurrence and RPM is just Revolutions Per Minute, Unlike a High Freq. or High Hertz (which will do damage to a motor quickly)

IMPORTANT--IF you did not do a downgrade and you are receiving these errors, you've got a major problem.

Same issue, I have no motor problems when I’m at the 1.04.100 With mods, But is soon as I downgrade without even changing any modifications and flying with factory reset at version 1.03.900 Without mods I get this error. So mods are not the issue....it’s the old FW that’s the problem but it may also be something internal, As soon as I upgrade to 1.04.100 the error goes away.

I’ve also tried to upgrade back up with mixed firmware but I still get the over current warning. It has something to do with the flight controller parameters, I think it may be more real than just an FW error as I can tell when I’m getting the error and watching the bird closely it will start to drift One Direction more than any other.
When you say "with mods" what do you mean?

...MPP resting RPMS are around Mid-High 400's (Example 480)
Mp Resting RPMs are around Low 500's (Example 520)...
Are the same props being used on both? The low-noise (MPP) props allow the MP to hover at a lower RPM than the original MP props.

I used the same props for both. I have both an MP and MPP.

It does make a difference but it’s only about 10-20RPM difference with lose noise props on the MP. Which is pretty minimal, the difference really comes with flight time, since the MPP without being downgraded has extended flight time, which is because the motors are more Efficient and run at a lower RPM which conserve the battery. This is why the 1.3.900 and 1.3.1000 firmware’s are the same with only one difference, the 1.3.1000 is specific for the MPP to address the new motor controllers.

Last edited:
So it is detecting an overcurrent error?
By its definition it means the motor is drawing too much current, excess current = excess heat.
RPM is maybe a factor, Is it just one motor or all of them?
Maybe a motor is going bad, or has debris in it.
Maybe a bad prop?
Maybe flying too aggressive?

The only time I’ve ever had that happen was when I had third-party propellers on. Changed back to DJI props and have never had a problem since.

Reactions: gvsukids
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22