DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Overload

pnwbikerboi

Reactions
So never seen this warning before (motor overload) at 4m 17s in the flight. It was cold with moisture in the air but it was something I have never seen before and the warning was not for the gimbal.

Attachments

• E046EF14-E3DD-4B2A-815E-85587A462BAC.png
    E046EF14-E3DD-4B2A-815E-85587A462BAC.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Details needed:
Firmware up to date on drone, controller, and batteries?
Anything else not original DJI equipment?

All OG equipment
Weather was foggy and little moisture, cold.
Battery was 100% - and the firmware was not updated

Did you ever get a notice to update firmware? Did you ever check for new firmware?

Yes, I did but I don’t want the new firmware yet. Should not have any bearing on motor stress
Except that the error mentioned incompatible firmware.
There could be multiple issues, including prop icing.

Except that the error mentioned incompatible firmware.
There could be multiple issues, including prop icing.
Doesn't that sort of message appear only in connection with an 'out of date' battery?

I have a recollection that where the drone or controller are 'out of date' the message names the 'out of date' device, I could be wrong but.....

Doesn't that sort of message appear only in connection with an 'out of date' battery?

I have a recollection that where the drone or controller are 'out of date' the message names the 'out of date' device, I could be wrong but.....
No idea on specifics, but I think the error should be investigated. I suppose it could happen if the drone firmware update is not compatible with device update; both should be current versions. On the other hand, the firmware error may be just part of the overload error. OP should be doing some investigation, including analysis of flight logs.

No idea on specifics, but I think the error should be investigated. I suppose it could happen if the drone firmware update is not compatible with device update; both should be current versions. On the other hand, the firmware error may be just part of the overload error. OP should be doing some investigation, including analysis of flight logs.
the flight log is shown on the first post

the flight log is shown on the first post
All I found in post #1 was an image of the error message, no flight log. What am I missing?

All I found in post #1 was an image of the error message, no flight log. What am I missing?
That is the flight log i pulled from the app, its a screen shot of when i encounter the area and the current list of errors, i don't think i can download the entire flight data. At any rate, its dry today and i update firmware and will test out today again

That is the flight log i pulled from the app, its a screen shot of when i encounter the area and the current list of errors, i don't think i can download the entire flight data. At any rate, its dry today and i update firmware and will test out today again
post #1 contains an error message, to get a flight log go to
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
follow the instructions there, upload the flight log to that site and then post the resulting URL here.

Before you jump to conclusions about what you can and can not do just try reading the page and see what it says and see what the results of following the instructions are.
I did, i don't have that option of the DJI fly app..... i am looking, thanks for your help but the app does not show that, i =tried to do a screen shot video but it won't let me upload to an attachment on here.. like i said, I don't have that option, i looked.. i seached, and i don't have a phantom, its a M3

• Angry
Reactions: rickmurray1989
The flight log is a text file (.TXT) located on your device (phone or whatever). It is no part of the Fly app, nor is it available as part of the Fly app. You need to find it on your device separately.
It's good to learn how to view the flight log after every flight just so you learn how to analyze flights yourself.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I did, i don't have that option of the DJI fly app..... i am looking, thanks for your help but the app does not show that, i =tried to do a screen shot video but it won't let me upload to an attachment on here.. like i said, I don't have that option, i looked.. i seached, and i don't have a phantom, its a M3
well that would be rather strange since between here and the DJI forum multiple Mavic 3 logs have been processed by that website and probably retrieved following the instruction on that website.
That site processes all the .txt flightlogs from my Mavic 2 p/z and, as far as I know, every Mavic to date.
However you could also try Airdata, I think they have an app to simplify the process but I do not know what phones or devices it works on.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato