DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motors shut down

HerveM

Reactions
Hello, with the mavic air 2, when you combine the 2 joystick, the motors stopp immediatly and the drone shut down.
I understand that this procedure must be used in case of danger.
But, is it possible to desactivate this procedure ? The combination of the joyticks will produce no effects.
Thank you !
Hervé

Hello, with the mavic air 2, when you combine the 2 joystick, the motors stopp immediatly and the drone shut down.
But, is it possible to desactivate this procedure ? The combination of the joyticks will produce no effects.
Thank you !
Hervé

DJI fly doesn't have a CSC deactivation feature

Thank you !
Hervé
I've seen this documented as a feature, for the rare occasion where you want to shut down the drone while in flight. The only situation I can think of is to prevent it hitting a helicopter or small plane. Incidentally, the same procedure starts the engines when the drone is on the ground, inactive and switched on.

Thank you !
Hervé
It's an extremely unlikely combination of control stick inputs for typical flying, and it's very unlikely that you would ever position the sticks that way unless you did so purposefully with the intent of shutting the motors down. Probably the most dynamic type of flying that I do is chasing our kids around when they are wake-boarding. The sticks are all over the place with many abrupt changes to their positions, but I have never accidentially placed them in the shutdown position.

It appears the AIr 2 has a set up that is similar to the Mini's. See the bottom of page 38 / top of page 39 of the v2 of the Air 2 manual.
Assuming the set up IS THE SAME and that the response mode to the CSC position is “Emergency Only” (probably the default mode) then the CSC stick position will almost certainly NOT STOP the motors whilst the drone is in normal flight, irrespective of how long the CSC position is held.
I have experimented with this with the Mini, and sent the Mini up to 100+m and put the sticks into the CSC position and held them there. The drone descended in a more or less helix IN CONTROLLED FLIGHT and even slowed its descent as the ground came within range of the VPS system. I let go of the sticks when the mini was under 1m from the ground and it hovered perfectly normally.
HOWEVER if the response mode to the CSC position is “Anytime" the motors will stop after the CSC position has been held for approximately 2 seconds, again I tried this with the mini in the 'slow flight mode' (so that the height required was minimal) the Mini ended up freefalling under 50cm onto grass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reasonably certain the CSC would not work when in "emergency only" mode, ( I actually think that is really daft). I had previously hand held the mini and done the CSC whilst wobbling it and most times it did not work, then I started out at lower altitudes so that if it did work the fall would not be enormous. 100+m was the final test.

It's an extremely unlikely combination of control stick inputs for typical flying, and it's very unlikely that you would ever position the sticks that way unless you did so purposefully with the intent of shutting the motors down. Probably the most dynamic type of flying that I do is chasing our kids around when they are wake-boarding. The sticks are all over the place with many abrupt changes to their positions, but I have never accidentially placed them in the shutdown position.
I've wondered about this, backing up while going left and descending while yawing right at the same time would place the controls in that 45 degree spot (down and in) for shut down.

It appears the AIr 2 has a set up that is similar to the Mini's. See the bottom of page 38 / top of page 39 of the v2 of the Air 2 manual.
Assuming the set up IS THE SAME and that the response mode to the CSC position is “Emergency Only” (probably the default mode) then the CSC stick position will almost certainly NOT STOP the motors whilst the drone is in normal flight, irrespective of how long the CSC position is held.
I have experimented with this with the Mini, and sent the Mini up to 100+m and put the sticks into the CSC position and held them there. The drone descended in a more or less helix IN CONTROLLED FLIGHT and even slowed its descent as the ground came within range of the VPS system. I let go of the sticks when the mini was under 1m from the ground and it hovered perfectly normally.
HOWEVER if the response mode to the CSC position is “Anytime" the motors will stop after the CSC position has been held for approximately 2 seconds, again I tried this with the mini in the 'slow flight mode' (so that the height required was minimal) the Mini ended up freefalling under 50cm onto grass.
thank you Philius !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato