DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOUNT HOLDER that doesn't hide remote?

Get the LifThor ‘Sif’ don’t waste your cash on crap 3rd party products :)
My LifThor SIF arrived this afternoon, was working on a DIY Sunshield out of black poster board when it arrived. Flying with my Galaxy S5 was do able, but not idea. Flew with my Galaxy Tab Pro sitting on a table in front of me and went looking for a holder when I came across this thread. Will probably buy a sunshade that is more portable when I find one that fits the Tab Pro, anyone flying with the same tab and wants to give a shout out for their shade?

Last edited:
I just received my LifThor SIF XXL today. My first impression was well thought out and manufactured to very close tolerances. I am using an iPad Pro 10.5 and LifThor suggested the XXL as the 10.5 was the upper limit of the standard. I ordered all the extras (lanyard, screen shade).

Great balance, all components fit with very close tolerances. The iPad Pro fits in the holder with the cover on but the cover will need to be removed if the sun shield is used. IMHO the instructions are thorough and if followed the assembly is a piece of cake.

I would like to hear what @Broken Arrow thinks.

LifThor parts     .jpg LifThor front     .jpg LifThor back     .jpg Lifthor side     .jpg

Last edited:
How long did it take to arrive

I ordered last Sunday May 13 and it was delivered to Massachusetts on Wednesday May 16th. I didn't get to MA until 1:15 a.m. yesterday and I opened it this morning. This was standard LifThor shipping, they didn't offer expedited shipping. I don't know if points west would take longer, shrugs shoulders.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 Location Time Pieces
18 Delivered - Signed for by WESTFORD 1:28 PM
1 Pieces

17 With delivery courier BOSTON, MA - USA 11:18 AM
1 Pieces

16 Arrived at Delivery Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 10:08 AM
1 Pieces

15 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 6:01 AM
1 Pieces

14 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 4:28 AM
1 Pieces

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 Location Time Pieces
13 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 11:58 PM
1 Pieces

12 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 4:41 AM
11 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 5:51 AM
1 Pieces

10 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 2:44 AM
1 Pieces

9 Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 1:35 AM
1 Pieces

Monday, May 14, 2018 Location Time Pieces
8 Departed Facility in COPENHAGEN - DENMARK COPENHAGEN - DENMARK 11:47 PM
1 Pieces

7 Transferred through COPENHAGEN - DENMARK COPENHAGEN - DENMARK 11:46 PM
1 Pieces

6 Departed Facility in OSLO - NORWAY OSLO - NORWAY 9:00 PM
1 Pieces

5 Processed at OSLO - NORWAY OSLO - NORWAY 8:48 PM
1 Pieces

4 Arrived at Sort Facility OSLO - NORWAY OSLO - NORWAY 6:41 PM
1 Pieces

3 Departed Facility in TRONDHEIM - NORWAY TRONDHEIM - NORWAY 5:06 PM
1 Pieces

2 Processed at TRONDHEIM - NORWAY TRONDHEIM - NORWAY 4:48 PM
1 Pieces

1 Shipment picked up TRONDHEIM - NORWAY 2:27 PM
1 Pieces

Shipment Details...
From
To Shipment Information
Malvik , Norway LARRY PENCE Westford , MA 01886 United States of America

How's the weight and fore aft balance?

Pictures of the Pgytech hood and lanyard mounting, I ordered both from LifThor. The lanyard attachment point came installed on the display holder. I don't know if it comes pre-installed if you do not order the lanyard. They have a chat link on their home page and someone responded when I ask a question at 4pm Pacific standard time on this past Sunday.
20180519_094216.jpg
20180519_094740.jpg

I would like to hear what @Broken Arrow thinks.

Sorry working the Night Shift and did not see this the first time I read it. This is my first drone and tablet holder so take what I say with a grain of salt. I find the balance fine, I like it even more with the lanyard as it's easier to hold with one hand and make adjustments on the screen. I believe the lanyard anchor is standard on everyone with or without buying the lanyard. The lanyard is the only thing I would not order if I reordered. I find the clasp to be a little on the dinky side. I would instead order the DJI Shoulder Strap from Amazon for about $5 more, it looks more comfortable and stronger. It was raining when I received it and I only flew with it a few minutes before leaving for work, the holder appears to be the one to have for the full view design and the Mavmount, from reviews I read for the underside design.

I would also liked to have seen the plate skeletontized like the MavMount's for a improved grip. Just enough to get a finger or two thru on each side.

Last edited:
Some options for mounting a larger tablet separately from the remote:

Attachments

• DSC08390.JPG
    DSC08390.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC08391.JPG
    DSC08391.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC08392.JPG
    DSC08392.JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 22
  • neck mount 2.jpg
    neck mount 2.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Broken Arrow
That's a pretty slick set up. I wonder if they make a hood like that for a Samsung Tab A 10"
Look for the PGYTECH Sunshield on Amazon, they come in different widths ( mm ) with recommendations for each current Tablet. I would need the 121mm for my Galaxy Tab Pro, but unsure of the depth which mine is 6 1/2 inches. I'm afraid the straps will not fit around the Tab properly, the 8.4 Tab Pro was not listed on the website. Their about $10 cheaper than Thor's Drone World site, same product.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead