DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOUNT HOLDER that doesn't hide remote?

This is the first mount I bought, and it's solid, but it does hide the controller screen, which is not what the OP is asking for. As does this one:

Yes, you can tilt your controller to see the controller screen if you need to, but that's true of every mount. The LifThor and the two mounts that msinger posted above do not block the controller screen at all.
you just flip the holder opposite lock and you can see the screen no problem ?

IMG_1090.jpg IMG_1089.jpg

I fly with a sunhood on my iPad to reduce glare, so having it below the controller will still block the controller screen..

Reactions: Irish-apple
3}
I fly with a sunhood on my iPad to reduce glare, so having it below the controller will still block the controller screen..
that was my next question I use an iPad 9.7 inch do they work the glare stopping hoods .. or hinder your touch on screen

3}

that was my next question I use an iPad 9.7 inch do they work the glare stopping hoods .. or hinder your touch on screen
The first one I used, with my Phantom 3, did make hitting some of the iPad's buttons difficult. But the one I use currently doesn't. This is the one for a 9.7-inch iPad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPDSZPQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It leaves the ends and the edges of the iPad exposed for easy access to the home and volume buttons. And it's easy enough to reach the screen.

Sure, it's not as enveloping and dark as the hoods you put right against your face, but I like having my peripheral vision in case other people are around. The iPad Pro screens are bright enough that this works reasonably well. (I'll enhance that by standing in the shade if I can.)

Last edited:
Can I go a tiny bit off topic here as a newbie and ask how you all deal with glare because today, using a mini ipad 4, half the time I couldn't, flying around midday, see a **** thing!! : ) Cheers
Sun shade they are life saver for me here in Ca

Reactions: Iamaruffneck
It's certainly worth $70 if the buyer's perceived value is at that level or greater. You can't make such a blanket statement about whether or not a product is worth a certain amount.

If your a commercial (107) pilot and do a lot of work in the sun, the $70 is well worth it when it keeps the glare off and lets you see your screen. And this model lets you still see your controller without having to tilt it down to get it out of your way.

Reactions: Bods and Mr. Salty
LifThor 3 .... brilliant ! Well made and sturdy. I can use my lanyard with it also. I have other holders as well but the LifTHor is definitely the best for me.

Reactions: Bods and Mr. Salty
Do you need to even see the remote screen? I think I am going to go with the cheap $20 dollar mounts.

Do you need to even see the remote screen?
Do you need it? Probably not. It's most useful when you're not able to use DJI GO for some reason (e.g. your tablet battery dies mid-flight).

Reactions: Bods
Do you need it? Probably not. It's most useful when you're not able to use DJI GO for some reason (e.g. your tablet battery dies mid-flight).
Thanks for the reply...I just can't see spending $70 bucks.

I know I'm about to be bashed myself for this, but I think it is kind of sad that people bash the LifThor because of the price. After all, you spent a grand on your Mavic Pro. If you think it's too expensive, don't buy it... But I don't think you should be critical of a product you've never tried. You definitely get what you pay for. I use the LifThor with my 10.5" iPad Pro and it works great. I also have the Anbee but felt like it was far too "back heavy" (if that's a term). Conversely, the LifThor is was designed to be functional and VERY well balanced and securely holds everything in place so that it pretty much stays that way when you let go (using a lanyard, of course) so you can use both hands for something else. Plus, as was part of the original question, you can still see the remote... not that I pay too much attention to it anymore.

Reactions: Bods and Astrix
Thanks for the reply...I just can't see spending $70 bucks.

In consequence to the cost of the MP .... the LifThor 3 is worth every penny. It’s comfy to hold, well balanced, robust, I can see both screens, I can use a sun shield with it and the mount will take the large iPad Air 2 with ease as well as my iPad mini 4. Why settle for something that you aren’t really happy with ? Ultimately though it’s your money so it’s your choice. Good luck in your choice.

Reactions: Bods and LakeTravis
In consequence to the cost of the MP .... the LifThor 3 is worth every penny. It’s comfy to hold, well balanced, robust, I can see both screens, I can use a sun shield with it and the mount will take the large iPad Air 2 with ease as well as my iPad mini 4. Why settle for something that you aren’t really happy with ? Ultimately though it’s your money so it’s your choice. Good luck in your choice.

You could be right but personally not worth the extra cash over the cheaper ones. To put it in context I had to buy an IPad mini to use with the drone as my iPhone X was too small. I scored a mini 2 Unlocked used for $100.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom