DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mount Rainier

• Thread starter Deleted member 77603
  • Start date
Nice - how far away were you from the peak?

Not sure how we lived without having multiple lens/sensor systems onboard. I love being able to shoot Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens roughly 50 miles away from straight above my driveway.

It is certainly a game-changer. I was sitting outside the Park near Yakima Peak. Always cautious though as I lost a M2P there from a crow attack.

I have a few Mount Rainier images captured with the 162mm lens from the original Mavic 3.

This one was licensed to Apple and used in Apple Maps.

The telephoto lens on both Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro are truly game changers. Sometimes I used them more often than the 24mm lens, because of that cinematic POV.

52575147173_a9953db571_o (1).jpg

Last edited:
... Always cautious though as I lost a M2P there from a crow attack.

I had similar experience in a different location two years ago. My M2P was attacked by a giant seagull, and fell to the bottom of the Adriatic sea in Croatia.

Nice - how far away were you from the peak?

Not sure how we lived without having multiple lens/sensor systems onboard. I love being able to shoot Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens roughly 50 miles away from straight above my driveway.
Mike I call this the "jump up" shot. You can leap over obstacles and get the shot. I recently got on of Diamondhead in Hawaii from a parking lot. Air 2s - The Old Man and the Drone: Hawaii

Last edited:
Mike I call this the "jump up" shot. You can leap over obstacles and get the shot. I recently got on of Diamondhead in Hawaii from a parking lot. Air 2s - The Old Man and the Drone: Hawaii

I have been calling them "Periscope shots" and I do a lot of them. In the Pacific NW we have so many trees that sometimes you can drive for hours and mostly only see tree trunks. Go straight up with your drone and you have endless views of the terrain and mountains.

I have been calling them "Periscope shots" and I do a lot of them. In the Pacific NW we have so many trees that sometimes you can drive for hours and mostly only see tree trunks. Go straight up with your drone and you have endless views of the terrain and mountains.
👌👍👍👍

Exactly. Tired of seeing nothing but the trees and forest service road? The mountain is up there somewhere 😊

8117B33A-AC7E-4CC1-8588-0B65A2CE5C48.jpeg

Reactions: Torque and AlanL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan