DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Mountaineering Four 13,000' mountains in a historical Colorado mining district, Amazing drone coverage!

Karlewski

Reactions
This Adventure started out exploring incredible mine ruins of the 1800's, then a couple easy mountain climbs and ending with one very classic and rouged cornice covered summit! The Gulch below was also just beautiful with powerful streams gushing from huge spring snow melts and runoff. I droned a neat beaver dam and lodge in that area as well. Started playing with my new Mini 2 as well, I love that little guy!!!! He shot much of the low altitude stuff.

This Adventure started out exploring incredible mine ruins of the 1800's, then a couple easy mountain climbs and ending with one very classic and rouged cornice covered summit! The Gulch below was also just beautiful with powerful streams gushing from huge spring snow melts and runoff. I droned a neat beaver dam and lodge in that area as well. Started playing with my new Mini 2 as well, I love that little guy!!!! He shot much of the low altitude stuff.
Hi Karl,
Holy **** you are a master! The new adventure I liked again very much and I discovered - without having been there - always new fantastic landscapes thanks to you ??
a question: when one sees you climb up as for example at 11:54 to 12:05 you have to climb down again and again to get the camera! Incredible, that is certainly exhausting, but you are well trained! ?
thank you for the very interesting video, I had a lot of fun watching it, thanks for sharing ?

cheers Paul

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

The first Mapout featured overviews ?
Look good :)

Beautiful country, you really got the mini 2 working out for this one.

Tell me (us), how much extra time do you spend with all the extra filming / flying etc, versus if you just did the climbs ?
I'm guessing you must double the time at least ?

Much appreciated, it really gives a great insight into the locations and experience for others.

I guess we all had a super adventure on this one, thanks guys!
This trip felt easier, I think due to the first 3 mountains being simple walking/hiking on friendly terrain. The technical climbing, snow and loose rocky terrain takes much more energy and focus. I have been training quite a bit on tough climbs and my endurance has increased noticeably. Honestly, going back for the camera on all but the toughest terrain is no trouble, literally 1 min. and I've found going too far, the camera starts loosing me anyway. . . I'm just too small. For this trip on the climbing day, I'd say I spent 1 hour flying the drone and 1.5 hours setting up and retrieving cameras, 5 hours climbing. The next video coming is similar, just really cool technical rock climbing terrain mixed in and lots of drone shots to go with it. A couple nice waterfalls too. . .

Having mini tripods always attached to 2 cameras makes setup very fast. I did use the Maveric air 2 for the high altitude stuff and the mini stayed in the valley since I was right at the operating ceiling for the mini at the peaks. I love map out, very user freely, incredibly information rich with rout profiles, and nice looking too. I do with the Topo was tighter but. . . I will use a Garmin app if I have trouble and so far I have not. . .

I'd say I spent 1 hour flying the drone and 1.5 hours setting up and retrieving cameras, 5 hours climbing.

That's pretty good for the end results.
I guess you've had some practice getting the cameras rolling etc, so more practice = less time.
Keep 'em coming, nice and safe, the YT channel looks good.

I should have, that one short crossing was steep near the top of Arkansas and even steeper below where I crossed . . . long ride. . . I think it would have eased off before the rocks but still. . .

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S