DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio BT300 'Charging Error' shutdown

paulg413

Reactions
Hi, I think this may have been discussed before, I had the impression the problem had been resolved but couldn't find how anyone achieved this

my glasses had been working fine with my Mavic Air, I had been using them for around 6 months, then as the year has warmed up the glasses are only able to last for about 1 battery before becoming hot and shutting down, i'm in the UK so we're not talking about a great deal of heat from an ambient perspective (33c on our hottest day) but controller pad was really very hot and I'm guessing this is as a result of charging from the USB

I cannot find a way to prevent the charging and wondered if anyone had any better insight or suggestions

thanks

Paul

I have had the same indication on a hot day. I must check the heat on my controller.

It wouldn’t hurt to ensure you have the latest firmware installed. While I didn’t see it in the release notes I have read (Epson representatives) that overheating issues have been addressed in firmware.

I went ahead and modified the USB cable with a 30ohm resistor and then flew 3 full batteries without the shutdown issue, need to go back to an old cable now and see if the issue still remains

Reactions: Bill combs
I went ahead and modified the USB cable with a 30ohm resistor and then flew 3 full batteries without the shutdown issue, need to go back to an old cable now and see if the issue still remains
i’m having issues with my moverio bt-300 over heating and lagging and was told it was the air temp being to hot but had my doubts about that because the moverio android device never gets hot or freezes up when im on the web watching youtube videos,i noticed my m2p remote was draining battery power quicker with the epson connected than it would with my ipad or note 9 and suspected it is taking voltage from the remote so epson suggested i use a micro usb to micro usb cable and see if that changes this dilemma,i’ll let you know when the cable comes in wednesday if things improved.

Reactions: ajsinoga
i’m having issues with my moverio bt-300 over heating and lagging and was told it was the air temp being to hot but had my doubts about that because the moverio android device never gets hot or freezes up when im on the web watching youtube videos,i noticed my m2p remote was draining battery power quicker with the epson connected than it would with my ipad or note 9 and suspected it is taking voltage from the remote so epson suggested i use a micro usb to micro usb cable and see if that changes this dilemma,i’ll let you know when the cable comes in wednesday if things improved.

The Moverio will automatically start charging from the remote, from the research I've done Android devices have no way to turn this function off but apple devices do.

I'm getting the feeling that by seeing all these different answers that Espon is giving different answers for the same problem?

Reactions: Bill combs
The Moverio will automatically start charging from the remote, from the research I've done Android devices have no way to turn this function off but apple devices do.

I'm getting the feeling that by seeing all these different answers that Espon is giving different answers for the same problem?
I don't think they have a clue,when I spoke to them yesterday they seemed lost for advice,I was telling them what I thought the problem was and asked them if they were ever going to do an update that could keep the android device from taking a charge and they said they would pass that on to their engineers

Reactions: Sprinter38
Here is my fix for the overheating. I can fly on very hot days in direct sunlight with no problem at all
.View attachment 82331View attachment 82332View attachment 82333View attachment 82334View attachment 82335View attachment 82336
thats interesting but it isn’t the sun that’s causing the problem its the moverio taking a charge from the remote thats the issue,i have a new micro usb to micro usb coming in today so hopefully that will fix my issue,the way my glasses wire in using the usb from the remote to the micro usb to the moverio is in my opinion the problem.

Reactions: Thomas B
The "Thermoelectric Cooling Module", as mentioned in my previous post, only delayed the BT-300 "charge error". My current solution is to Miracast the phone's display to the BT-300, which works great without noticeable screen lag. No overheat or charge error. I can use the touch screen of my phone instead of the clumsy touch pad.

Thanks for sharing your settings, Jack, interesting approach. How do you configure Miracast? If I'm not wrong you need to connect both devices to the same WiFi network. How do you connect when you are flying at field and there is no WiFi network?

The "Thermoelectric Cooling Module", as mentioned in my previous post, only delayed the BT-300 "charge error". My current solution is to Miracast the phone's display to the BT-300, which works great without noticeable screen lag. No overheat or charge error. I can use the touch screen of my phone instead of the clumsy touch pad.

In BT-300 I go to Setting - Display, at the bottom click on "Receive Display", then I turn on the miracast of my drone-flying phone. A after a while BT-300 detects the phone's signal and ask whether I would like to accept it or not. Accept and it's done. I've on the field three times without any Wifi, but the Wifi of both devices were turned on. They miracasted without any problem. My drone-flying phone is LG G4 with native miracast. While testing at home without turning on the drone, the miracast disconnected some time after the phone's screen was locked.

Miracast or equivalent either set the Wi-Fi to ad-hoc mode or enables one side to be in AP mode as if it were a hot-spot.

Good find. I too would rather use my phone's touch screen rather than a touch pad, if I ever get a BT-300. Does the original method use the tablet layout (map and attitude (radar) indicator both appear) or the phone layout?

Charging shouldn't be causing much heat. The RC only puts out the 500ma power which is the minimum current in the original USB standard.

ok, this seemed to have taken a turn for the worse since the new DJI go upgrade

i can leave DJI go running and connected to the moverio glasses for a couple of hours without issue but as soon as I turn the drone on and it connects to the controller I get a charging error and the moverio shuts down

anyone else seen this?

Miracast or equivalent either set the Wi-Fi to ad-hoc mode or enables one side to be in AP mode as if it were a hot-spot.

Good find. I too would rather use my phone's touch screen rather than a touch pad, if I ever get a BT-300. Does the original method use the tablet layout (map and attitude (radar) indicator both appear) or the phone layout?

Charging shouldn't be causing much heat. The RC only puts out the 500ma power which is the minimum current in the original USB standard.

Don't understand your question, ""Does the original method use the tablet layout ?"" All I can say is that in Miracast mode, the DJI Go 4 app in the Moverio screen mimics the phone's, but when the optimized DJI Go 4 is running on Moverio the wifi singal cannot not be self-defined and the signal strength cannot be displayed. I recall that there's a circular radar with flight direction instead of the map when the optimized DJI Go 4 ïs running on Moverio(not the lastest version app I believe).

I also miracasted Nexus 7 (Gen 2) to Moverio with good results.

Normally with Go on phones, you can toggle between map and radar.
On a large tablet, you see both.
Yes, both appear and the map is usually in a small window. I can toggle between the map and the main user interface with Go on my phone and Nexus. This remains the same when during miracast to Moverio.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying