DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio glasses used in conjunction with the i pad. Can it be done.

I feel your frustration as I’m sure there’s way more people out there than just me that’s getting frustrated like you did seems like the only way forward will be to just use the glasses on there own
Well, if you’re not willing to shell out the extra dough for a used AppleTV Gen3 ($30 on eBay) & the AC-DC downconverter ($10) to allow you to power it via USB, along with a small 6000mah PowerBank ($20) & finally the BT-35e hdmi interface ($284.87) to do the AirPlay mirroring I talked about, then YES, you will be frustrated to no end! The BT-300 Android controller/pad was meant to replace your smartphone (or tablet) & it is largely underpowered & the 32bit Android 5.1 OS can barely run the DJI GO 4 app, let alone do mirroring at the same time! You can try & sell the BT-300 controller for $150 on eBay to recoup some of your investment if you decide to go with the AppleTV AirPlay mirroring option.

Last edited:
Have you followed these steps in setting up Apowermirror - tell us what you have done, what step is giving you problems ???

1) Just set up the glasses to connect to your home internet and connect the ipad to the home internet as well. (this configuration is what causes some latency, in the field you either need to hotpsot on the ipad/BT-300 or setup up a mi-fi (mobile wifi).

2) Then run Apowermirror in the BT-300 first, on the main screen you'll see to the right, an icon of a man with his arm up, you'll also see a square icon with ** in it. If you select this square icon you'll go to the settings page. On the settings page, the BT-300 virtual keyboard will be blocking the options, select the down arrow at the bottom of the page (black border area) to turn it off, then tap the "detect" button to select it.

3) Run Apowermirror on the iPad, you'll see in the middle of the page the "mirror" icon, tap on this and you'll see listed "Apowermirror(EMBT3C)" this is the BT-300 glasses, select this by tapping on it.

If you have opened Apowemirror on both the BT-300 and iPad and have successfully set up the BT-300 to "detect" and have selected "mirror" on the iPad Apower mirror app.

4) Then open the iPad control function by dragging down from the top right of the screen and then tap on the iPad mirror button you should see a list of devices you can connect to in the drop down menu.
"Apowermirror EMBT3C" should be listed, tap on it to select it for the method of casting the Ipad screen.

Do you see the Apowermirror EMBT3C listed in the IPad mirror device list (in the control panel), if not you haven't opened the Apowermirror app on the iPad and hit the cast button and selected "Apowermirror EMBT3C".

You can only select the mirroring method in the iPad control panel after you have started the casting from Apowermirror first.

Both Apowermirror apps on both devices must remain open in the background, you can then use the iPad home key to get back to the home page and open up DJI Fly.
I'm sure they're wanting to fly in the field, not at home so step 1 won't work.

But then you'll need cell data service subscription for the MiFi, and a cell signal. Idea is an autonomous setup.
I agree that’s why you need an android device that can create a local hotspot with our cellular connection, the my-fi is the last resort if your stuck using an Apple device.

Well, if you’re not willing to shell out the extra dough for a used AppleTV Gen3 ($30 on eBay) & the AC-DC downconverter ($10) to allow you to power it via USB, along with a small 6000mah PowerBank ($20) & finally the BT-35e hdmi interface ($284.87) to do the AirPlay mirroring I talked about, then YES, you will be frustrated to no end! The BT-300 Android controller/pad was meant to replace your smartphone (or tablet) & it is largely underpowered & the 32bit Android 5.1 OS can barely run the DJI GO 4 app, let alone do mirroring at the same time! You can try & sell the BT-300 controller for $150 on eBay to recoup some of your investment if you decide to go with the AppleTV AirPlay mirroring option.
Can't afford to spend a another $500 NZ on this might as well have bought a brand new one for that matter for a $1200 and still have the same problem. Thanks for the help appreciated it very much. Decided to either use it on its own or just keep using the i pad on its own to

I've tried the iPad and BT-300 solution with my Netgear Nighthawk M1 4G mobile router (without sim card) and it works well casting DJI Fly without much latency.

The mobile router creates a local wireless network that both the BT-300 and iPad are connected to, without having to connect to the cellular network..

The Nighthawk creates both a 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz wireless network, my MM1 is the 5.8ghz only model, so screen casting on 2.4ghz is the best option to remove possible interference.

Last edited:
I've tried the iPad and BT-300 solution with my Netgear Nighthawk M1 4G mobile router (without sim card) and it works well casting DJI Fly without much latency.

The mobile router creates a local wireless network that both the BT-300 and iPad are connected to, without having to connect to the cellular network..

The Nighthawk creates both a 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz wireless network, my MM1 is the 5.8ghz only model, so screen casting on 2.4ghz is the best option to remove possible interference.
Finally someone who understood. All you need is the WiFi access point. A router will do just that even without it being connected to a network/internet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929