DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio glasses used in conjunction with the i pad. Can it be done.

Did you connect the BT-300's WiFi to the iPad's hotspot?

It just occurred to me, the mirror doesn't care which device is the wifi AP and which is the client. Can the BT be set up as a hotspot or ad-hock wifi? It is an Android after all. If so, have the iPad then connect to the BT's WiFi.

Unfortunately the BT-300 doesn't have the hotspot feature.

You have to setup the Ipad screen mirror mode to use the Apowermirror app.

How to connect:
1. Connect your ipad and BT-300 to the same WiFi network.
2. Install and run this mirror app( ApowerMirror) on your Ipad and BT-300.
3. both the Apowermirror apps on the iPad and the BT-300 should be running
3. On your iPad, open the Control Center and then tap “Screen Mirroring”. Select the name of “Apowersoft + device” and then your iPad screen should successfully be mirrored.

If you get it figured out on a non cellular ipad please let us know. I have had no luck Finding a way. I want it so i can run ipad only apps like GS Pro.

If you get it figured out on a non cellular ipad please let us know. I have had no luck Finding a way. I want it so i can run ipad only apps like GS Pro.

It works with a non cellular iPad, but you have connect both the BT-300 and the iPad to the same wi-fi connection.
This works at home but in the field you'll need a device that can create a fast mobile wi-fi network e.g. Netgear Nighthawk M1 4g or a phone with hotspot capability.

Without the direct hotspot connection between the BT-300 and iPad the issue is the extra latency of having to use the internet. This would only be acceptable for 3rd party viewing using the glasses and flying using the iPad.

If you wanted to fly using DJI Fly and the glasses wirelessly connected to a device, then an android phone/tablet that can create it's own hotspot without a cellular connection would be a better solution.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Hi thanks for the invite I just joined the group and hope someone will be able to help me with this

What problem are you still having ?

It works with a non cellular iPad, but you have connect both the BT-300 and the iPad to the same wi-fi connection.
This works at home but in the field you'll need a device that can create a fast mobile wi-fi network e.g. Netgear Nighthawk M1 4g or a phone with hotspot capability.

Without the direct hotspot connection between the BT-300 and iPad the issue is the extra latency of having to use the internet. This would only be acceptable for 3rd party viewing using the glasses and flying using the iPad.

If you wanted to fly using DJI Fly and the glasses wirelessly connected to a device, then an android phone/tablet that can create it's own hotspot without a cellular connection would be a better solution.
Internet would only be a trigger to allow the ipad/iPhone to enable a hotspot. The iPad to BT traffic wouldn't be going to or through the internet.
Same goes for an external wifi AP/router.

What could cause latency is if too much of the WiFi bandwidth on the iPad or BT used by app traffic (not just DJI app) with the internet.

There are USB powered portable wifi routers out there that could provide the common point for the two to connect. The WAN port for internet doesn't need to be connected.

Last edited:
What problem are you still having ?
I can’t get the two to find each other on the net to start mirroring or to pair with each other. Followed all suggestions and advise still nothing. Get the guy with the arm up on the bottom corner right side of iPad. Click in middle of screen and get the video playing showing to swipe up, that doesn’t work but top down works. Click on the mirroring icon but nothings happening on the iPad to click or show its working on the glasses

I can’t get the two to find each other on the net to start mirroring or to pair with each other. Followed all suggestions and advise still nothing. Get the guy with the arm up on the bottom corner right side of iPad. Click in middle of screen and get the video playing showing to swipe up, that doesn’t work but top down works. Click on the mirroring icon but nothings happening on the iPad to click or show its working on the glasses
Did you get the Ipad and BT on the same wifi network? Until you do that, there's no network for the two mirror apps to talk to each other.

Either the iPad and BT connect directly to each other, though it seems neither support ad-hoc connections, one of them act as a hotspot with or without an active internet behind it, or there's a wifi access point/router they can connect to in common. The common wifi doesn't have to have an active internet connection behind it.

Internet would only be a trigger to allow the ipad/iPhone to enable a hotspot. The iPad to BT traffic wouldn't be going to or through the internet.

What could cause latency is if too much of the WiFi bandwidth on the iPad or BT used by app traffic (not just DJI app) with the internet.

There are USB powered portable wifi routers out there that could provide the common point for the two to connect. The WAN port for internet doesn't need to be connected.
As I mentioned to Sharky05 in post #19 in this thread, I got frustrated with all these mirroring apps, and with the help of a couple of BT-300 enthusiasts in our Facebook group, we discovered a futureproof solution. It involved purchasing the Epson Moverio BT-35e hdmi interface & an AppleTV Gen3 (or later). First, we converted the AppleTV to be powered by a USB connection to a powerbank; making it portable. This allowed us to ditch the much underpowered 32bit BT-300 Android controller pad, which is largely the culprit for why these mirroring apps don’t work or when they work, lag so much! In your case, your iPad would be connected to your DJI controller. Before starting up your drone app, you would activate Apple AirPlay on your iPad while having both Wifi & Bluetooth enabled. It would be better if both your iPad & AppleTV were not connected to any network. If they are, do a “forget this network”. Once this is done, you can activate ad-hoc peer-to-peer AirPlay mirroring. You can activate a secure 4-digit passcode so no one else can join in. Once you have your AirPlay connection, you can view your iPad screen in your Moverio BT-300 glasses in real-time with no lag! That’s it! The added benefits are that (1) the iPad/controller connection to the AppleTV/Powerbank/BT-35e hdmi interface is totally wireless & does not require internet, (2) this solution will work for any make of drone (DJI,Autel, etc.) & (3) it will work for any future drone platform (ie. DJI’s 32bit GO 4, 64bit Fly apps). Unfortunately, this solution does not work for Android smartphone/device users, so I would say that Iannes’s mirroring solution would still be one of the tried & tested. But for Apple devices, our portable AirPlay solution has been tried & proven!

Last edited:

Apowermirror requires the internet for connectivity when using it on Apple devices, when I switch off data with the hotspot still on the app stops and requests internet connectivity. Maybe another mirroring app would work better with the iPad.

Last edited:
As I mentioned to Sharky05 in post #19 in this thread, I got frustrated with all these mirroring apps, and with the help of a couple of BT-300 enthusiasts in our Facebook group, we discovered a futureproof solution. It involved purchasing the Epson Moverio BT-35e hdmi interface & an AppleTV Gen3 (or later). First, we converted the AppleTV to be powered by a USB connection to a powerbank; making it portable. This allowed us to ditch the much underpowered 32bit BT-300 Android controller pad, which is largely the culprit for why these mirroring apps don’t work or when they work, lag so much! In your case, your iPad would be connected to your DJI controller. Before starting up your drone app, you would activate Apple AirPlay on your iPad while having both Wifi & Bluetooth enabled. It would be better if both your iPad & AppleTV were not connected to any network. If they are, do a “forget this network”. Once this is done, you can activate ad-hoc peer-to-peer AirPlay mirroring. You can activate a secure 4-digit passcode so no one else can join in. Once you have your AirPlay connection, you can view your iPad screen in your Moverio BT-300 glasses in real-time with no lag! That’s it! The added benefits are that (1) the iPad/controller connection to the AppleTV/Powerbank/BT-35e hdmi interface is totally wireless & does not require internet, (2) this solution will work for any make of drone (DJI,Autel, etc.) & (3) it will work for any future drone platform (ie. DJI’s 32bit GO 4, 64bit Fly apps). Unfortunately, this solution does not work for Android smartphone/device users, so I would say that Iannes’s mirroring solution would still be one of the tried & tested. But for Apple devices, our portable AirPlay solution has been tried & proven!
That’s just it guys I don’t have the apple airply function on the iPad only mirror function when I open the control panel

That’s just it guys I don’t have the apple airply function on the iPad only mirror function when I open the control panel
I feel your frustration as I’m sure there’s way more people out there than just me that’s getting frustrated like you did seems like the only way forward will be to just use the glasses on there own

Apowermirror requires the internet for connectivity when using it on Apple devices, when I switch off data with the hotspot still on the app stops and requests internet connectivity. Maybe another mirroring app would work better with the iPad.
From what was stated earlier or in another thread, iOS seems to stop being an AP if you don't have a cell data connection and so no network at all. It may be the not having any network that the app is complaining about but wording as internet.

From what was stated earlier or in another thread, iOS seems to stop being an AP if you don't have a cell data connection and so no network at all. It may be the not having any network that the app is complaining about but wording as internet.

Yes that's it, the way the Apple access point/hotspot has been implemented it needs an active data connection to work.

Have you followed these steps in setting up Apowermirror - tell us what you have done, what step is giving you problems ???

1) Just set up the glasses to connect to your home internet and connect the ipad to the home internet as well. (this configuration is what causes some latency, in the field you either need to hotpsot on the ipad/BT-300 or setup up a mi-fi (mobile wifi).

2) Then run Apowermirror in the BT-300 first, on the main screen you'll see to the right, an icon of a man with his arm up, you'll also see a square icon with ** in it. If you select this square icon you'll go to the settings page. On the settings page, the BT-300 virtual keyboard will be blocking the options, select the down arrow at the bottom of the page (black border area) to turn it off, then tap the "detect" button to select it.

3) Run Apowermirror on the iPad, you'll see in the middle of the page the "mirror" icon, tap on this and you'll see listed "Apowermirror(EMBT3C)" this is the BT-300 glasses, select this by tapping on it.

If you have opened Apowemirror on both the BT-300 and iPad and have successfully set up the BT-300 to "detect" and have selected "mirror" on the iPad Apower mirror app.

4) Then open the iPad control function by dragging down from the top right of the screen and then tap on the iPad mirror button you should see a list of devices you can connect to in the drop down menu.
"Apowermirror EMBT3C" should be listed, tap on it to select it for the method of casting the Ipad screen.

Do you see the Apowermirror EMBT3C listed in the IPad mirror device list (in the control panel), if not you haven't opened the Apowermirror app on the iPad and hit the cast button and selected "Apowermirror EMBT3C".

You can only select the mirroring method in the iPad control panel after you have started the casting from Apowermirror first.

Both Apowermirror apps on both devices must remain open in the background, you can then use the iPad home key to get back to the home page and open up DJI Fly.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta