DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP gimbal misbehaving after small crash

BillzillaAus

Reactions
I was hoping that some of the more experienced people here might be able to give me some advice about what to fix/replace in the gimbal/camera assembly on my stock MP. Attached are some photos, you can see the scratches in the camera lens, but no other damage that I can see. The FL prop was damaged, that was the only damage I can see - Not even a rub mark on the arms or body at all.
And I've made a short video that shows the actual crash, what happens when I start the drone up both from a screen recording and external recording. When I tried pitching & rolling I only went to about 30° maximum.

Youtube video

Any suggestions please? I really only want to have to replace the minimum amount possible.
Thanks in advance.IMG_20201004_193000.jpgIMG_20201004_193028.jpgIMG_20201004_193018.jpgIMG_20201004_184212.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping that some of the more experienced people here might be able to give me some advice about what to fix/replace in the gimbal/camera assembly on my stock MP. Attached are some photos, you can see the scratches in the camera lens, but no other damage that I can see. The FL prop was damaged, that was the only damage I can see - Not even a rub mark on the arms or body at all.
And I've made a short video that shows the actual crash, what happens when I start the drone up both from a screen recording and external recording. When I tried pitching & rolling I only went to about 30° maximum.

Youtube video

Any suggestions please? I really only want to have to replace the minimum amount possible.
Thanks in advance.
Based on the actions of the gimbal during boot up, I think the gimbal control ribbon is damaged and needs replacing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear