DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP2 Battery overheats and fell off the sky

I don't know wtf this says

oppps sorry typo. meant "believe it or not i really saw the battery popped off and the drone follows. I was watching her approaching and watching him fell made me wish i'm flash. lol

oppps sorry typo. meant "believe it or not i really saw the battery popped off and the drone follows. I was watching her approaching and watching him fell made me wish i'm flash. lol
No one should have to see that, I would be traumitized, kerplunk, kerplunk.

Thats a mavic pro though so different drone and completely different battery.
My bad Grits, Try this thread "Mavic Pro2 Falls from Sky" Take a look at post 57. For whatever its worth..... :D

Reactions: Callum
This is why I vehemently refuse to fly birds over water. No picture is worth the headache of having to recover the AC, if that's even possible, for a care refresh claim or repair :(

Reactions: Kingram
Really sorry to see you lost your new Mavic.

Is there really know way someone can dive to recover it ??

Do you know what depth the water is ??

Edit:
Deleted original post. Made an error posting. Anyway.... Good luck recovering your drone. Buy the lake manager a bottle of wine.

Welp. Looks like I’m ordering some Velcro straps.

Definately wouldnt have overheated, I've flown my DJI batteries upto 160F (72c) and never had one pop off.

I would have thought DJI put more emphasis onto the latching mechanism after the issues with the Spark and the updates found in the Mavic Air.

Or is this another "feature" omitted from the new model?

Definately wouldnt have overheated, I've flown my DJI batteries upto 160F (72c) and never had one pop off.

I would have thought DJI put more emphasis onto the latching mechanism after the issues with the Spark and the updates found in the Mavic Air.

Or is this another "feature" omitted from the new model?

It will be like the P4 battery update right after launch in 2016... New Mavic 2 battery Part 746 subpart 34 assembly 68 LOL

I was able to test my three batteries today in the M2P. My observations are:

1) It is not as firm feeling or sounding as MP batt.
2) BOTH sides need to be “unlocked” for the batt to come loose. (I TRIED to get one off with only a single latch holding it, and I couldn’t. Obviously, I didn’t give it the old McCoy but I did pull fairly firmly.)

Since this came up during the initial MP FLAILEX, I’ve been double checking the darn things before every flight but this was the first time I heard about a runaway Li batt. Seems like a smart battery would be more protective of itself than to allow a thermal runaway which, is what that ballooned batt sounds like.

Darn shame that recovery isn’t possible both for the OP’s sake and, ours..I think we’d all like to see photos of the aircraft and battery.

So, chin up mate, I KNOW it’s tough, I lost my first MP by flying too far downwind and as a newbie, wasn’t thinking about the fuel in the tanks. She ran out of gas in the headwind and that was the last I ever saw the poor girl. GREAT big, plowed cotton field but we never could find it despite following the app back to where it was supposed to be.

I feel your pain, I really do but for sure TD will fix you up to most excellent status and no doubt, will do it WAY quicker than those folks that are a dozen or so times zones away, even if they do have a SC on the left coast. :)

Hang in there...

KB

This is why I vehemently refuse to fly birds over water. No picture is worth the headache of having to recover the AC, if that's even possible, for a care refresh claim or repair :(

Understandable if you simply can’t afford to replace it in the very unlikely event you can’t recover or repair it as the result of a crash anywhere. And I admit that it can make you a little more nervous but then so does flying over a tree canopy in a forest or a canyon. But if you include all the places that make us nervous with the places where we can’t fly, what’s the point? I’ve learned from flying RC planes for 30 years, if they aren’t just sitting on the shelf, all of them have an ‘expiration date’. But I usually have a lot more fun (and get awesome pics) if I do as one wise and seasoned flyer told me years ago, “leave your wallet in the car and enjoy it or go fly computer video games”.

Yeah I'm probably a bit more of a nervous flyer than most, though I've done more than my fair share of "cowboy" flights in the past. Wanting to take a lot more care of this new bird though...

The problem I have with water is that it can make recovery impossible, and thus care refresh or warranty claims null and void. Instead of being out the 300AUD+ for a replacement, I'd be out 2300AUD for a new drone :(

At least in my area, there are no other geographical hazards that preclude me accessing the drone if it goes down. Obviously that will vary based where one lives and flies though... If I had, for example, impassable cliffs near me I probably wouldn't fly over them either :p

If contaminants naturally get into the reservoir and so the water is treated after, it should be possible to retrieve.

I had a minor crash today, hit a power wire about 8-10' off the ground. Bird is OK, the worst being two broken props. The battery did pop out on impact so it is possible they can come out in certain situations even when properly latched. What is strange as most of the scrapes were on the battery so you'd think it landed on its back, thus the impact would have held it in.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa