DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP camera moving by itself in air

demme

Reactions
Hi,

Yesterday my MPP camera started to flicker and moving up/down by itself (only in air) and even losing picture at times. The movement is VERY fast, it looks like the gimbal is completely lose sometimes. The picture becomes grainy and remains grainy even when I land and it only goes away if I restart the AC.

I have calibrated the gimbal many times without any issues.

Someone?? :(

I will post video in a couple of hours

Last edited:
HnWVv2C.jpg

Looks like 2 screws are kinda lose? Could this cause the problem?

It started after 1 minute and at the end you can see the picture having grain and stripes all over it
undefined

This thread I have listed below addresses the gimbal random reset.

Have you ever had a crash? It appears that your video signal is intermittent.

GRRR Gimbal Random Reset

By the way, I would strongly recommend that you keep your drone alot closer and/or alot higher than in the video. If your video goes out, you might have no idea where your drone is, and you werent much higher than some treetops. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Soonerdrone
Yes I had a crash which broken the gimbal, I boguth a brand new one and replaced it, I have been flying 10+ hours since without any problems

One of your video connections and maybe a gimbal connection are not working now. I would take it apart and check your connections again. Something came loose.

Specifically check your black/white power connector from the gimbal board to the power module, and also check your silver stranded cable. One or both are loose.

Reactions: macoman
Can't help with the gimbal problem but I suggest when flying over other property that you fly higher. Generally speaking, people do not like a drone flying over and your MPP would be hardly noticeable at 400'.

Well I can't use my katana and move around the house with no problems and all.

Well I can't use my katana and move around the house with no problems and all.

There's NOT EVEN one error/movement etc when I use my katana to move the drone around my house while filming? I'm doing very fast moves and turns, the picture is 100% fine

Last edited:
How can I use my katana to move the drone around my house while filming? I'm doing very fast moves and turns, the picture is 100% fine

I have hat the same problem twice on about 100 flights, are you using mavic pro platinum propps.
I have never casrsht befour but experianced the same problem ( only with platinum propp, am not using them any more )

I have hat the same problem twice on about 100 flights, are you using mavic pro platinum propps.
I have never casrsht befour but experianced the same problem ( only with platinum propp, am not using them any more )
Yes I'm using platinum props and have done so for about 7 months.

I will try anyways and get u updated.

Yes I'm using platinum props and have done so for about 7 months.

I will try anyways and get u updated.
On a side note, I swapped out the gimbal about 2 months ago. Maybe one of those small connector cables is lose a bit. I suppose the factory glue was not there for the looks.

What kind of glue should I use when glueing over electric leading "stuff"?

Preferably something that is sold worldwide, as I live in Sweden [emoji851]

On a side note, I swapped out the gimbal about 2 months ago. Maybe one of those small connector cables is lose a bit. I suppose the factory glue was not there for the looks.

What kind of glue should I use when glueing over electric leading "stuff"?

Preferably something that is sold worldwide, as I live in Sweden [emoji851]

Bruk vanlig superlim, test på en liten ledningsstump først! det viktigste er at det ikke smelter ledningen :)

So I went out again this morning, yesterday when I was filming the weird behaviour it was 28c hot, this morning it was 18-20c. No problem at all from what I saw, can this problem be heat related?

Should I remove the entire gimbal+gimbal mounting and re-connect all cables + glue them as well? Or would that be a waste of time.

I really dont understand whats wrong, some cables/ribbons suddenly gets lose and suddenly gets connected properly again?

I was out flying about 20 minutes ago(did not record), 100m high and just straight, gimbal got crazy and the picture looked like a grainy vcr movie from 1960 and would not go away without a AC restart....

Here's 2 videos I took this morning, both just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803