DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP Crash and Gimbal Repair Leads to Camera Blackout

drk_evns

Reactions
Hey Guys,

First time posting here. I ended up grazing a flag pole with my Mavic and sending into some concrete. I got the Gimbal Motor Overload error and my camera was flying in every direction. Still had video signal and no issues with recording. I eventually narrowed it down to the flex cable and replaced it. When I got it put back together and powered up, the gimbal worked flawlessly! ...but my video feed was black.

So I took it apart and noticed I have some bent and missing prongs on on of the connections on the gimbal board (I was probably careless with my tweezers when I was plugging/unplugging).

I've attached a photo with the pins that were damaged highlighted (not my actual board, obviously).

I'm assuming when I replace the board, all will be well. Is that safe to assume?

Or should I order a braided cable in the chance that that's what was actually damaged?

Thanks in advance!
MG476Dn.jpg

Thank you for mentioning me @MavicCF

I would order an LVDS cable as well as the board just so you can have the part if you needed it. After you get the board, connect the camera directly to the board using your old cable and see if you get video and no error messages.

Video diagnostics square 1.jpg

@Thunderdrones

Do you know if that connector/pin is related to the video feed at all? The cable is like $30+ and a pain in the *** to thread through the gimbal (as you know) so I'd love to avoid doing that first. I've got a board on the way already so I'll probably just hook it up and try that first. Order the cable later if I need it.

@Thunderdrones

Do you know if that connector/pin is related to the video feed at all? The cable is like $30+ and a pain in the *** to thread through the gimbal (as you know) so I'd love to avoid doing that first. I've got a board on the way already so I'll probably just hook it up and try that first. Order the cable later if I need it.

Yes that is your LVDS connector on the gimbal PCB. You can try it by just replacing the PCB. If that works, congrats.

The LVDS is really not as bad to thread as the ribbon cable. It does thread through, but there are only 2 connectors, one on the camera barrel and the other on the gimbal PCB.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE