DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mpp or mp for wildlife viewing

Infinite 1

Reactions
looking at buying mp or mpp for wildlife video along with the fun of flying. Is the extra cost of the platinum really make it that much quieter?

If all you're concerned about is the noise, then get the MP and buy the 8331 props separately.

FYI, both of these drones are going to be way too loud to go undetected by wildlife.

I paid the extra $100 for the MPP so it would be more quiet when viewing wildlife. Remember you can do a digital 2x zoom on the camera. Hovering the drone is more quiet than moving.

I will be flying a lot in an area that has all kinds of wildlife, including Grizzlies. I'm hoping I can get some good pics from a reasonable altitude. I'll choose farther out pics every time vs causing an animal stress. It's their land; I'm just a visitor. The bears in our area are used to the low flying single engine prop plane the FWP uses to spot and track them.

Totally agree hammick. Not disturbing them is a priority and distance is the important part of that. I have lots of critters around the house I want to view and see how they have adapted to Harvey’s destruction. I take pictures with the camera all the time and they totally ignore the planes overhead when they come over. Also want so when I go out west I can see those things which are too steep for me to climb!

Totally agree hammick. Not disturbing them is a priority and distance is the important part of that. I have lots of critters around the house I want to view and see how they have adapted to Harvey’s destruction. I take pictures with the camera all the time and they totally ignore the planes overhead when they come over. Also want so when I go out west I can see those things which are too steep for me to climb!

When you go out West if you have the time (and good health) climb up if you are comfortable. The coolest stuff to see is off the beaten path. Take your bear spray though!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter