DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP RC charge cable

Davidskegg

Reactions
Wher can I find a USB to RC cable that will charge the remote controller for a MPP? The normal micro USB cables do not work

Any micro USB to USB cable will do the trick. Lots of android devices use/used the same cable.
The female side on the RC seems to be rectangular, unlike the usual USB cables, which are trapezoid, resulting in a dodgy connection. I presume it is a DJI bespoke thing?

The female side on the RC seems to be rectangular, unlike the usual USB cables, which are trapezoid, resulting in a dodgy connection. I presume it is a DJI bespoke thing?

I’m unsure what you mean? Every regular micro USB I have used works just fine. It’s not a proprietary DJI USB hookup. Just dont plug it the wrong way (backwards) as you may damage the RC (its known to get loose if you by accident dont connect it the right way).

Yes, it appears to be rectangular. Any Micro USB cable will fit though. Make sure you're attempting to connect it properly so you don't damaged the port.

Another option would be to use a reversible Micro USB cable (like this one) so you can insert the cable into the Micro USB port in either direction. I own that cable and haven't had any trouble using it.

1584005917753.png

Reactions: pelagic_one
The reason the RC side port is rectangular is because that's the Micro-A USB form factor. When you connect the RC to your device, the RC USB port is in A mode. OTG is A mode.
As a bonus for DJI, a micro B plug will fit into a micro A socket.

Yes, it appears to be rectangular. Any Micro USB cable will fit though. Make sure you're attempting to connect it properly so you don't damaged the port.

Another option would be to use a reversible Micro USB cable (like this one) so you can insert the cable into the Micro USB port in either direction. I own that cable and haven't had any trouble using it.

View attachment 96435
Many thanks. Will get one, and reduce the risk of wrong connection by anyone :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod