DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Mt Nemo (Burlington, Ontario) at Sunset

rjwmorrell

Reactions
I was finally able to make it out to Mt Nemo and shoot this video, which required a lengthy (700m or so) flight over a rural property with my DJI Air 2S, and it performed beautifully. Had I stayed just 5 more minutes, I would have captured even more fantastic lighting as the sun got lower, giving the rocks a pink hue and glow.

Anyway, please enjoy the short (35 seconds) video, comments are welcome!

Edit: I reworked the video taking the suggestions of making it brighter and adding audio. New link!

Last edited:
I was finally able to make it out to Mt Nemo and shoot this video, which required a lengthy (700m or so) flight over a rural property with my DJI Air 2S, and it performed beautifully. Had I stayed just 5 more minutes, I would have captured even more fantastic lighting as the sun got lower, giving the rocks a pink hue and glow.

Anyway, please enjoy the short (35 seconds) video, comments are welcome!

Just a tad dark. I'd add music as well. Keep on keeping on!

I had an ND8 filter on it, and didn't do any post (which is why there's also no music). My system is not reaaaallly great for post video editing, one of these days I'll upgrade.

I had an ND8 filter on it, and didn't do any post (which is why there's also no music). My system is not reaaaallly great for post video editing, one of these days I'll upgrade.
Why were you using a filter? I rarely use them. The only time I do with the Air 2s is in extreme bright sun

I use filters always, to follow the double the frame rate rule. Video was shot at 30 fps, so I was looking for a shutter speed of 1/60. Without the filter, the brights were blowing out. I also shot some still photos and the filter was on there for the same reason.

I have now corrected the exposure (and colour for that matter) in post and added music. There is a new link in the original post above.

Reactions: GFields
I use filters always, to follow the double the frame rate rule. Video was shot at 30 fps, so I was looking for a shutter speed of 1/60. Without the filter, the brights were blowing out. I also shot some still photos and the filter was on there for the same reason.

I have now corrected the exposure (and colour for that matter) in post and added music. There is a new link in the original post above.
When shooting a photo, shoot in manual mode: ISO100, aperture f/4.5 and adjust shutter speed to get the right exposure. In video I do the same but that results in a shutter speed greater than 2x the frame rate...video is sharp which does not have the blurred movement effect. Just my preference rather than using an ND filter.

Reactions: GFields
But the camera on the drone has a fixed aperture of f/2.8. I prefer the cinematic, "blurred" effect with a slower frame rate of 24 or 25 fps. This usually means an ND filter of some kind even in lower light.

But the camera on the drone has a fixed aperture of f/2.8. I prefer the cinematic, "blurred" effect with a slower frame rate of 24 or 25 fps. This usually means an ND filter of some kind even in lower light.
My apologies, I was having a senior moment. I fly a M2P and can adjust the aperture. I should have focused on which DJI AC you are flying.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu