DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple drones, risk for signal interference?

catowner7

Reactions
Is there a risk of signal interference if I fly together with a friend having the same type of drone and controller as I (standard M2Z)?

you can fly safely together

I seem to remember that there is some form of limit suggesting that no more than 4 or 5 DJI products in the air at the same time?

Is there a risk of signal interference if I fly together with a friend having the same type of drone and controller as I (standard M2Z)?

The only real risk is mixing up your black dot with another .

Even when you have a good visual if your not watching the sky at all times you can loose focus on which drone is yours.

It gets even worse if you both have strobe lights on at night .

Best thing you can do is not cross paths when flying and its also a really good idea to put a sticker on your drone or we recommend the Mavic Wet Suit that will Identify your drone from another and get all the extra benefits that the Wet Suits offer.

The Wet Suits gives your drone a Search and Rescue look and feel and provide a great cover story.

When a bothered stranger comes up and asks you guys what your doing you can tell them that your Drone is Geared up with a Wet Suit and your practicing your search and rescue techniques for the Neighbor Hood watch program.

Note: Everyone should sign up with your Neighborhood hood watch and put your name on the list for Search and Rescue and Perimeter and weather checks. Cat and Dog Search also.

Email me at [email protected]
as we offer the Forum Members a really nice discount.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly our Mavic in and out of the Storm

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

I've flown often with a friend who has a DJI Phantom.. The only noticeable problem is an extreme reduction in range.

The strong signal from the transmitter in his controller swamps the receiver in my controller making it less sensitive. (The same is true with my transmitter reducing the sensitivity of his receiver). Because of this, I start losing the signal at around 1/4 mile..

The effect can be reduced by moving the controllers apart. It's really bad when standing side by side, but if we are over 10-15 feet apart it gets better. So we normally don't stand that close together.

I recently flew M2Z alongside MA with no noticeable problem.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I've flown often with a friend who has a DJI Phantom.. The only noticeable problem is an extreme reduction in range.

The strong signal from the transmitter in his controller swamps the receiver in my controller making it less sensitive. (The same is true with my transmitter reducing the sensitivity of his receiver). Because of this, I start losing the signal at around 1/4 mile..

The effect can be reduced by moving the controllers apart. It's really bad when standing side by side, but if we are over 10-15 feet apart it gets better. So we normally don't stand that close together.

Fly with a mavic pro and a mpp and we have never had any issues like this and we all stand together. Never have had any problems with distance either [emoji2371]

Reactions: Thomas B
Often conduct training with half dozen in the air at once and never experienced any issues

I just googled this after we lost a M2Z the moment we started up a Mavic Pro (1). Mavic Pro maintained altitude then M2Z lost signal. M2Z was at 10 feet over water MP1 was 45 feet. M2Z lost signal then MP1 descended bringing down M2Z in lock step to the bottom of the very murky lake.

I just googled this after we lost a M2Z the moment we started up a Mavic Pro (1). Mavic Pro maintained altitude then M2Z lost signal. M2Z was at 10 feet over water MP1 was 45 feet. M2Z lost signal then MP1 descended bringing down M2Z in lock step to the bottom of the very murky lake.

This is fascinating , but I am not sure they had anything todo with each other, we fly two drones right on top of each other so you might want to open a separate thread and Post your flight data. Some of the Forum experts can read that and tell you what happened and why.

Also is there any video of that adventure of those drones going down.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Reactions: Thomas B
Had two Mini 2s going last weekend, neighbor and us. Controllers were about 50 ft away from each other, no issues.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The only real risk is mixing up your black dot with another .

Even when you have a good visual if your not watching the sky at all times you can loose focus on which drone is yours.

It gets even worse if you both have strobe lights on at night .

Best thing you can do is not cross paths when flying and its also a really good idea to put a sticker on your drone or we recommend the Mavic Wet Suit that will Identify your drone from another and get all the extra benefits that the Wet Suits offer.

The Wet Suits gives your drone a Search and Rescue look and feel and provide a great cover story.

When a bothered stranger comes up and asks you guys what your doing you can tell them that your Drone is Geared up with a Wet Suit and your practicing your search and rescue techniques for the Neighbor Hood watch program.

Note: Everyone should sign up with your Neighborhood hood watch and put your name on the list for Search and Rescue and Perimeter and weather checks. Cat and Dog Search also.

Email me at [email protected]
as we offer the Forum Members a really nice discount.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly our Mavic in and out of the Storm

View attachment 90570
Would a search and rescue mission require a part 107? It would be fun to do and I would do it for free so seems like no?

Edit: I don’t really mean to sound like someones hurt is my fun but the adventure and satisfaction of helping would be “fun” under faa giluidlines right?

Would a search and rescue mission require a part 107? It would be fun to do and I would do it for free so seems like no?

So if you call the FAA , they will say something like this " its a slipper slope , its best to have your 107 even if you dont take money.

The one thing about Search an Rescue is it gives you no special rights so you still have to obey all the operating rules . I live near a river and lake so my perimeter is safe to look where as if i have to fly over people and cars It would not be as safe.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

So if you call the FAA , they will say something like this " its a slipper slope , its best to have your 107 even if you dont take money.

The one thing about Search an Rescue is it gives you no special rights so you still have to obey all the operating rules . I live near a river and lake so my perimeter is safe to look where as if i have to fly over people and cars It would not be as safe.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I guess it might also be classified as an emergency scene so a special waiver may be required to fly there? I have started studying for the 107 but have a long way to go. I might never need it. But like a rain suit, it is a nice thing to have just in case. 😉

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo