DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Air 2s speaks ‘Pig Latin’

paparatzy

Reactions
About every third flight or so, when I power on the RC, Air2s with my iPad Mini 6 connected, from the DJI Fly app I receive a voice message that is not English and does not sound like any foreign language. If I were to phonetically to write it, it sounds something “Film T2 Edge”. Crazy huh? After that I then get the voice message “The home point has been updated”.

I’ve heard this from the app since I initially bought the drone in February of this year (2022). Since there doesn’t seem to be any other non-functioning features or problems I have shrugged it off.

Anyone else hearing this odd non-English worded voice message? Today I updated to 2.04.2190. I’m fairly certain the app, drone and batteries are all updated.

About every third flight or so, when I power on the RC, Air2s with my iPad Mini 6 connected, from the DJI Fly app I receive a voice message that is not English and does not sound like any foreign language. If I were to phonetically to write it, it sounds something “Film T2 Edge”. Crazy huh? After that I then get the voice message “The home point has been updated”.

I’ve heard this from the app since I initially bought the drone in February of this year (2022). Since there doesn’t seem to be any other non-functioning features or problems I have shrugged it off.

Anyone else hearing this odd non-English worded voice message? Today I updated to 2.04.2190. I’m fairly certain the app, drone and batteries are all updated.
Make sure that in your device's accessibility settings, push to talk, or similar features are disabled. Does it happen only in DJI Fly, or other apps too?
Have you tried to re-install the app?

Maybe your drone is part of Skynet? 😁

Skynet…hadn’t thought of that 🙃

It only happens in the DJI Fly app and only when at first when the drone and controller get connected. I checked the accessibility settings of the iPad and nothing was turned on, also removed and reinstalled the app today.

Could this have anything to do with the battery? I have three batteries and try to rotate them each time I fly. Since I don’t hear this voice message everytime, I’m wondering if somehow the app recognizes one of the batteries and is reporting something, although it is not useful info since it is gibberish.

Just to close this out. The voice recording heard just prior to “The Home Point has been set”, which sounds like “All-T-2-Film-Re-Edge” means Altitude Zone Reached and I am in an Altitude Zone restricted to 150m. DJI had no answer why the recording sounds like this and I heard from another on this form that he and other friends hear the same strange recording on their MA2.

Same with my Air2S. It’s always done it for as long as I can remember. I have recently had a replacement under care refresh and that one does it - so it’s not your particular drone or firmware.

Same with my Air2S. It’s always done it for as long as I can remember. I have recently had a replacement under care refresh and that one does it - so it’s not your particular drone or firmware.
That is comforting to know others experience the same weird recording. DJI responded, but they suggested I need a permit (permit?) and another department told me they could give authorization to fly in a zone in an hour.

They totally didn’t get it and misdirected my simple question of what is this, even after sending them a recording of the announcement.

Try checking your phone's text-to-speech settings. Some "voices" are better than others. My RC Pro has perfect pronunciation.

Try checking your phone's text-to-speech settings. Some "voices" are better than others. My RC Pro has perfect pronunciation.
I have the RC Pro and it still does it. Previously, I had the RC-N1 and that did it too (via my iPhone).

That is comforting to know others experience the same weird recording. DJI responded, but they suggested I need a permit (permit?) and another department told me they could give authorization to fly in a zone in an hour.

They totally didn’t get it and misdirected my simple question of what is this, even after sending them a recording of the announcement.
Yep, that sounds familiar ha ha. This is a totally separate voice isn’t it - everything else it says is fine for me.

First time I heard it I was like, what?? What did it just say? I thought it was in a different language.

I have the RC Pro and it still does it. Previously, I had the RC-N1 and that did it too (via my iPhone).
I’m not quite sure that it is a ‘text to speech’ issue since the iphone voices are not reading and speaking text. I’m fairly certain it is a DJI app issue that doesn’t use phone voices, but maybe I’m wrong.

Another responded that their Air2s as well as a couple buddies who also have the Air2s hear the same strangely worded announcement. Now that I know what it means Altitude Zone Reached, I’m aware of it and am no longer worried that it is some other warning that could affect my flight.

I’m not quite sure that it is a ‘text to speech’ issue since the iphone voices are not reading and speaking text. I’m fairly certain it is a DJI app issue that doesn’t use phone voices, but maybe I’m wrong.

Another responded that their Air2s as well as a couple buddies who also have the Air2s hear the same strangely worded announcement. Now that I know what it means Altitude Zone Reached, I’m aware of it and am no longer worried that it is some other warning that could affect my flight.
Well here’s a coincidence. Someone in a group posted this link and…

…at 4.04 - that VOICE!

YouTubes closed captioning interpret it as "Aircraft entered our teaching zone."

I guess we all learned something. :D

Screenshot_20220731-090244.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007