DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My air2s will not fly forward first without flying up, then forward.

fjc

Reactions
Anyone come across this problem where your Air2s when hovering will not fly forward without first flying straight up for about a foot or so. This is really causing me a problem since I do real estate photography and it's essential to have finess on the controls and the true flight of the drone. Or maybe there is a remedy by adjusting some settings but I'm not sure where to begin... suggestions? Also I find that the camera "jerks," from time to time, could this be related? Thanks for your help if anyone is out there with same issues and resolved.

Anyone come across this problem where your Air2s when hovering will not fly forward without first flying straight up for about a foot or so. This is really causing me a problem since I do real estate photography and it's essential to have finess on the controls and the true flight of the drone. Or maybe there is a remedy by adjusting some settings but I'm not sure where to begin... suggestions? Also I find that the camera "jerks," from time to time, could this be related? Thanks for your help if anyone is out there with same issues and resolved.
Do you have Bypass set for the optical avoidance sensors? If so, set it back to Brake or Off

What's in front of the drone? Sounds like Obstacle Avoidance behavior. Does it do this in a wide open area?

Make sure you're not pointed into the sun, try cleaning the front OA cameras.

Learn to switch into S mode as quickly as possible , you can always switch back at any time. Its a little tricky as you cannot actually start off in S mode as it reverts back if you leave it on when you take off.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. land on the Water.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne