DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Best drone flying Tip Ever! Whats yours?

"For indoors I got the Eachine E010 as I can use it with my "real" controller "

Can you elaborate please? I have two drones, a Mavic Air and a SYMA X5C. Would the controller from either of those work with the E010?

Great tip. Completely agree. I came from 3d heli's, where there are many more "levels" of orientation to learn and are necessary to master in order to fly upside down, sideways, etc. I'm pretty surprised the handful of times I've flown with and given "drone 101" to operators who aren't familiar with this or had no idea of orientation awareness and the complications that will present. I always get the person familiar with the concept, then teach them "tail in" and how to get to that orientation when confusion arises.

Great tip. Completely agree. I came from 3d heli's, where there are many more "levels" of orientation to learn and are necessary to master in order to fly upside down, sideways, etc. I'm pretty surprised the handful of times I've flown with and given "drone 101" to operators who aren't familiar with this or had no idea of orientation awareness and the complications that will present. I always get the person familiar with the concept, then teach them "tail in" and how to get to that orientation when confusion arises.
Mavic doesn’t have Atti ?

Don't Panic. If confused, or disoriented stop. Let it hover till you figure things out. Forceful actions when you don't know the problem makes for bad day. You have a stable GPS drone, maps, and a RTH feature that really works and if you have your towel you'll be fine.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
"For indoors I got the Eachine E010 as I can use it with my "real" controller "

Can you elaborate please? I have two drones, a Mavic Air and a SYMA X5C. Would the controller from either of those work with the E010?
No it would not.
I have a Taranis QX7 controller for general RC use. It has a module bay in the back and I purchased a IRangeX transmitter module that plugs into it and has the protocols for alot of the smaller and toy drones. Almost every small drone seems to use it own protocol. The SYMA X5C is one of the many drones it can control. I use it for all my drones except the M2P. I upgraded it with Hall Sensor gimbals and they feel awesome. The M2P controller kind of feels like a toy compared to it.

One thing I can say about using a real controller over the peanut thing they give you with the toys, there is a night and day difference in how easy it is to control the drone versus using the peanut controller.

Reactions: rainystateguy
No it would not.
I have a Taranis QX7 controller for general RC use. It has a module bay in the back and I purchased a IRangeX transmitter module that plugs into it and has the protocols for alot of the smaller and toy drones. Almost every small drone seems to use it own protocol. The SYMA X5C is one of the many drones it can control. I use it for all my drones except the M2P. I upgraded it with Hall Sensor gimbals and they feel awesome. The M2P controller kind of feels like a toy compared to it.

One thing I can say about using a real controller over the peanut thing they give you with the toys, there is a night and day difference in how easy it is to control the drone versus using the peanut controller.
Thank you much for that informative reply. I will be looking into the Taranis QX7.

Reactions: brettbrandon
Thank you much for that informative reply. I will be looking into the Taranis QX7.
You are welcome.
To fly the Eachine E010 it also needs the iRangeX transmitter to plug into the back. By the time you get that and the E010 it is almost as much as getting a BNF little whoop.
In the 70 to 150 dollar range there are some little whoops with decent to good cameras and the FrSky reciever built in so they are BNF (bind and fly) with the transmitter. They fly very well indoors and outside with very little wind. They really help get through the winter when flying is about impossible.
This video was shot flying one of those tiny whoops you can see them in the very beggining.

Last edited:
Reactions: rainystateguy
I've been playing with my Tello indoors. It is nearly as stable as a GPS equipped quad but still has drift, even vertically.
Outdoors it is easily affected by breezes. I compensate by putting it in Fast mode and often have to tack to get it momentum against the wind. Ground image stabilization isn't effective in wind, especially in Fast mode. Neither is camera/FPV image stabilization.

You are welcome.
To fly the Eachine E010 it also needs the iRangeX transmitter to plug into the back. By the time you get that and the E010 it is almost as much as getting a BNF little whoop.
In the 70 to 150 dollar range there are some little whoops with decent to good cameras and the FrSky reciever built in so they are BNF (bind and fly) with the transmitter. They fly very well indoors and outside with very little wind. They really help get through the winter when flying is about impossible.
This video was shot flying one of those tiny whoops you can see them in the very beggining.
Thanks for sharing that video. There is so much to like there, the flying, the venue, the surprise ending.

Reactions: brettbrandon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio