DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My DJI Go is crashing , but...

Macabre

Reactions
I find it rather surprising that I've had zero in flight crashes.
And when I keep using the app the same day, it works fine.
But if I start the app the day after, it crashes on startup. Then I reinstall it and it works fine. Then I have to relog and re-do a few in app settings because they don't save.

Note 8 has plenty of power to run the app. But my phone is rooted, could that be what's causing the crashes?
And why does the app crash "the day after" and not say, randomly?

Every Android device out there has been reported as having issues with DJI Go, even supported devices.
That's a terrible excuse.

No, you didn't. There's absolutely no reason why an app would crash on Note 8. Regardless if it's supported or not. Saying that there's no support for it is a lazy way of denying there's a problem with the app. Especially since Go supports S8.

Every Android device out there has been reported as having issues with DJI Go, even supported devices.
That's a terrible excuse.
The problem with android devices is that every phone or tablet manufacturer uses their own “edit” of android. It is impossible for DJI to make a software compatable with each specific devices quirks.
You might try clearing the cache on the phone before every flight. Or power the phone down and restart it. That will kill any hidden processes using CPU resources. Shut down any notifications from appps. Close all other apps that hide in the background.

Reactions: ksmusa
theres a million versions of djogo for android and some modded ones, try them till you find one that works with your device, this is not the "lazy way" haha i have tried about 6 versions and found one that works on my android device. some work better than others, and yes my device is supported but still has issues,

I know DJI has quirks as I have a Apple iPad and a old iPhone SE and go-4 works flawless .
But no offline maps . Daughter gave me her Android phone a S-8 . It can get offline maps but it has app crashes about every 3rd flight . Technology can be so frustrating at times

I tried clearning the cache. I even tried installing the app, making sure it works, then coming back to it the day after without flying the drone that evening. It still crashed.
It behaves like a timed crash.

I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have in flight crashes.
There's literaly MILLIONS of Android apps out there and many of them created by a single person and their apps work on ALL phones from Android 4 to Android 8. DJI should really be sued for this. They declare warranty invalid if you use 3rd party flying app, but their own app is not working properly for most people.

That’s what you get for trying help someone! :rolleyes:

I appreciate help, but station obvious =/= helping. I know the app is crashing, and not being supported - yet again - is not a reason for an app to crash. Read my above post. Seems we have too many pilots here who don't really understand how computer hardware/software works.

I tried clearning the cache. I even tried installing the app, making sure it works, then coming back to it the day after without flying the drone that evening. It still crashed.
It behaves like a timed crash.

I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have in flight crashes.
There's literaly MILLIONS of Android apps out there and many of them created by a single person and their apps work on ALL phones from Android 4 to Android 8. DJI should really be sued for this. They declare warranty invalid if you use 3rd party flying app, but their own app is not working properly for most people.

I appreciate help, but station obvious =/= helping. I know the app is crashing, and not being supported - yet again - is not a reason for an app to crash. Read my above post. Seems we have too many pilots here who don't really understand how computer hardware/software works.
Seems you don’t understand the meaning of ‘compatible hardware’

DJI Go compatible hardware = Samsung S8.
Samsung S8 = Note 8.
For the 3rd time, Note 8 not being supported is a lazy excuse.
For the first time
Be Nice.jpeg

Reactions: MaviP and ksmusa
If the device isn't supported by DJI, then they are saying it can have issues. It's not the "lazy excuse". They are saying it may not work and as you are experiencing, you are having issues. If they are saying it may not work, and it's not working,..what result would be expected? Check another device that is supported. It sounds like you've taken the logical steps to fix the issue but it's still happening...perhaps a different device without problems is in order.

Reactions: ksmusa
If the device isn't supported by DJI, then they are saying it can have issues. It's not the "lazy excuse". They are saying it may not work and as you are experiencing, you are having issues. If they are saying it may not work, and it's not working,..what result would be expected? Check another device that is supported. It sounds like you've taken the logical steps to fix the issue but it's still happening...perhaps a different device without problems is in order.
Exactly. It is painfully obvious it is NOT a DJI problem, it is a Samsung problem.
You can’t say most androids have problems. But you can say most Samsung androids do. Not a surprise since DJI clearly recommends Apple.

Most people I know don’t buy android because it’s great, they buy it because it Not Apple or Microsoft.

yes as stated above try a different device, just because u think the internal hardware inside your unsupported device is the same as a supported device it may not be, its not lazy at all, dji i am sure tested all the device on thier supported and unsupported list thats not an easy task, not lazy at all, your way of blaming everyhting around u and wanting to sue is the lazy way, go try another device and or another version of the app, theres a million people flying happily today and everyday on supported and unsupported devices, takes time to find what combo works for u, dont be lazy,,,,,,,,now,,,,, ;)

Reactions: InvisibleName
DJI has very few Android tablets. Quite frankly i think they are lazy. Samsung is a very popular brand. Sure, you may have one or two versions that just won't work. Tab E being one of them where there's a Samsung add-on somewhere that intercepts USB connections and tries to 'help' and 'Secure' the connection which makes it difficult to connect the USB to the app.
But my Tab S3 AND my HTC 10 both have Go crashes mid-flight, usually the 2nd or third flight. Those aren't low end devices.
Most of the time not being on the list isn't because there's a known compatibility but rather they didn't test it so they don't specifically recommend it. If there's specific hardware requirements of the Android device for it to be stable, list it. Don't just carte-blanche it as 'not compatible' just because you don't want to be bothered making a stable app under a popular OS.

The ironic thing is that their own products, such as goggles and Crystalsky, use Android OS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada