DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My drone flew away, did not respond on fly forward stick

JohanG

Reactions
Hi guys!
Have flown my droner for some time now, it has been a very nice and well working pice of equipment:)

Some days ago I flew and had an incident, the dronar just drifted away from me. There were neither strong wind or bad wheater.
What happen was that without any stèering from my sticks the droner went away from me. When I tried to stop it, it didn't obey the forward or backward stick's . I could turn it left and right but couldn't change the course. Tried RTH but it didnt help any. Then tried to turn it home again and go forward, then it slowly flew in the right direction towards me.
That time I got it back, could land and got home in one piece.
I couldn't see any clear reason for why it should do like this. The only thing I thought it could be was that this time I didn't look so good on the instruments before I flew away. So my thought was that it was the GPS that wasn't in real sync or so. The next day I again did some flying without any problem.

The next flight was yesterday, then after some minutes in the air, it started to drift away again with the same behaviour as the first above! This time I had assured that everthing eas Ok before I took off. This time I didn't manage to get it back so it flew away from me. About 3km away I lost the contact with the droner....:)

Anyone have any clue why th droner could behave like this?
Br
Johan

I could make a guess, but it would be better to look at the actual recorded flight data to see what really happened.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: JDawg
When that has happened to me, either the sensors or IMU were out of calibration, the GPS was lost, or the compass was affected by metal or what ever messing with it. It usually jumps into attitude (ATTI) mode which has always shown on the MP controller display screen. As a pre flight I always check to make sure my MP is ready for takeoff but have missed one or more from time to time. Sure freaked me out and was difficult to get back to the takeoff point.

When that has happened to me, either the sensors or IMU were out of calibration, the GPS was lost, or the compass was affected by metal or what ever messing with it.
Like I said, it's going to be a lot more productive to see what was actually happening rather than guessing.
Until the data shows up, there's no point making guesses.

Reactions: JDawg
As Meta said, post your logs, everyhting else is noise.

Hi guys!
Have flown my droner for some time now, it has been a very nice and well working pice of equipment:)

Some days ago I flew and had an incident, the dronar just drifted away from me. There were neither strong wind or bad wheater.
What happen was that without any stèering from my sticks the droner went away from me. When I tried to stop it, it didn't obey the forward or backward stick's . I could turn it left and right but couldn't change the course. Tried RTH but it didnt help any. Then tried to turn it home again and go forward, then it slowly flew in the right direction towards me.
That time I got it back, could land and got home in one piece.
I couldn't see any clear reason for why it should do like this. The only thing I thought it could be was that this time I didn't look so good on the instruments before I flew away. So my thought was that it was the GPS that wasn't in real sync or so. The next day I again did some flying without any problem.

The next flight was yesterday, then after some minutes in the air, it started to drift away again with the same behaviour as the first above! This time I had assured that everthing eas Ok before I took off. This time I didn't manage to get it back so it flew away from me. About 3km away I lost the contact with the droner....:)

Br
Johan

Its seems that for some reason the control does not response. Check your GPS . Also check the firmware updates.
There is some settings in the control about the RTH. There are 3 options to instruct your drones to do in case of loss signal. The best option is to set to RTH in case of bad connection between drone and control.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu